Archinect
anchor

M.Arch 1 vs. M.Arch 2 at Havard GSD.

I just completed my B.Arch from Mumbai University and I'm looking to apply for Masters. I was confused between M.Arch 1 and M.Arch 2 at GSD and does M.Arch 2 end with a Thesis?

Would like to know about it as it would help me to know it better.

Jul 18, 19 11:21 am
Archlandia

That took me literally five seconds to find

Jul 18, 19 4:28 pm  · 
 · 

I know! i read it on their site, i want to know about it in greater detail, precisely from someone who has done it.

Jul 22, 19 1:10 pm  · 
 · 
Archlandia

You said you were confused between the two programs. I just didn't see your reason for asking as you are likely only able to do the M.Arch II post-professional degree because of your B.Arch. The thesis information is also online https://www.gsd.harvard.edu/architecture/master-in-architecture-ii/march-ii-required-courses/

Jul 22, 19 1:59 pm  · 
 · 
Archlandia

If you ask something more pointed, I'm sure a GSD grad would be happy to help you

Jul 22, 19 2:00 pm  · 
 · 
Dangermouse

iirc you aren't eligible for the m.arch ii as it is designed for graduates who already have a professional (i.e. accredited in the usa) degree.  also, the absolute vast majority of m.arch ii's have worked professionally in some capacity, i don't think many are fresh graduates.

a lot of foreign students will go into the m.la ii program as it doesn't have that requirement (but does give you a harvard degree) but most of them are miserable and toxic to studio culture, and i believe as a result this program is now much, much more difficult to get into.  

Jul 22, 19 9:49 pm  · 
 · 
Dangermouse

of course ymmv as the bar for admission is already stratospheric and generally biases against students who do not research the (copious) literature available on the gsd website.  

Jul 22, 19 9:51 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: