Archinect
anchor

Honest talk about the nature of the profession

alexandercvetanov

So long story short - i am a 20 y/o from Eastern Europe (Bulgaria).I've always been interested in the arts and i've been drawing for a couple of years now and having a nice progress.I'm thinking about applying to art school.( i have friends who work like illustrators and  in the game/movie/etc industry so i have a pretty nice idea what's like having a job like that).

But i also really enjoy hard sciences and math.So i was thinking of choosing something that mixes art and science so architecture came to mind.But the thing is that i  don't know any working architects  and how's the overall job market  and so on.Obviously liking the idea of doing something and actually doing it are two very different things.What i basically want from a career are few things.

1.To work for myself and being my own boss.

2.To be able to work remotely.

I just want to hear some opinions and stories from working architects.

Jul 3, 19 4:20 pm
randomised

Those questions come up every other week or so on here, so comb through the forum and features and you should be able to get the information you need. Here’s a link to get you started: https://archinect.com/features/article/150144136/burnout-and-the-architecture-work-culture

Jul 4, 19 3:04 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: