Archinect
anchor

Denver Architecture - now and future ?

Geek

I am starting architect with around 2 year of experience. I have a job offer in the in Denver.  I wanted to know how is the architecture scene in there or in Colorado in general ? What is the quality of work ? Is it more builder driven with less thought to the quality of design or the other way? 

When I visited Denver last month I had mixed feelings about the city. Some parts of the city like 16th street mall have been very thoughtfully designed while other parts seemed almost bland architecture with no defining characteristics of the city. I maybe wrong as i spent very little time in the city. 

I want to settle in a place which is somewhat affordable and has good architecture happening. Any input or views are welcome. 

- Thanks !

Jun 21, 19 2:30 pm
Non Sequitur

So you've applied for a job in a city you know nothing about...

Jun 21, 19 3:02 pm  · 
 · 
archanonymous

I left Denver due to the utter banality of the built environment. Most architects there have the depth and intrigue of a piece of cardboard, with buildings to match 

Jun 22, 19 8:41 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: