Archinect
anchor

Architect fee

ellen09

Does anyone know how much is architectural fee ($/sf) for a warehouse. Thanks! 

Jun 12, 19 7:43 pm
atelier nobody

I'll be rich, I tell you, rich!

Image result for million ducks gif

Jun 12, 19 7:56 pm  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

$271 per square pound. Payable on Tuesday only. 

Jun 12, 19 8:08 pm  · 
 · 
ellen09

Not my project!! Don't get too excited! :D

Jun 12, 19 8:16 pm  · 
 · 
∑ π ∓ √ ∞

You give zero info, you got what what you brought.

Jun 12, 19 9:05 pm  · 
 · 
curtkram

usually we try to work for free, but $1.25 might work too

Jun 12, 19 9:11 pm  · 
 · 
archanonymous

$0.30 per cubic yard of concrete used.

Jun 12, 19 9:52 pm  · 
 · 
randomised

As much as the client is willing to pay and as little as the architect is willing to work for, give or take.

Jun 13, 19 7:54 am  · 
 · 
bowling_ball

Correct answer.

Feb 21, 20 3:57 pm  · 
 · 
senjohnblutarsky

Depends on the services you're requesting. 

Is your A/E providing all design services? Do you have multiple design contracts?  Do they have a subconsultant (10% markup)? Are you retaining them through all phases of the project? 

Depending on the project and how much of a PITA you are as a client, you should expect a fee somewhere between 4 and 12% of the construction cost.  It all comes down to what randomised said.  Now, if you have ridiculous ideas about what a building is going cost you, then you'll obviously have a skewed idea of what the A/E should cost. 

I can assure you that metal building supplier who is telling you that you can have a building for $55/sf is full of shit (I run into this constantly.  PEMB suppliers tell a client they can get a building for some ridiculous price.  Yes, you can have a building.  Lying on your site in pieces).

Jun 13, 19 8:27 am  · 
 · 
x-jla

Call liberskind, he will charge one million per acute angle.  

Jun 13, 19 11:00 am  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

How much for an obtuse? Asking for a friend.

Jun 13, 19 11:24 am  · 
 · 
x-jla

Not sure, but tell your friend there is a 2 for 1 Groupon for liberskind obtuse angles.

Jun 13, 19 11:46 am  · 
 · 
citizen

Obtuse angle? Or obtuse architect?

Jun 13, 19 2:10 pm  · 
 · 
x-jla

I prefer acute architect.

Jun 13, 19 2:41 pm  · 
 · 
Steven Ward
A serious answer for Ellen: there’s no answer.

An architect making a proposal might provide a fee based on budget, anticipated time involved x hourly rates, or just a per-hour fee. Seldom will it be a per-sf fee, except in some cases like straighforward tenant fit-outs of office space.

Thus the snark. Good luck!
Feb 21, 20 6:48 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: