Archinect
anchor

Architect fee

ellen09

Does anyone know how much is architectural fee ($/sf) for a warehouse. Thanks! 

Jun 12, 19 7:43 pm
atelier nobody

I'll be rich, I tell you, rich!

Image result for million ducks gif

Jun 12, 19 7:56 pm
Non Sequitur

$271 per square pound. Payable on Tuesday only. 

Jun 12, 19 8:08 pm
ellen09

Not my project!! Don't get too excited! :D

Jun 12, 19 8:16 pm
b3tadine[sutures]

You give zero info, you got what what you brought.

curtkram

usually we try to work for free, but $1.25 might work too

Jun 12, 19 9:11 pm
archanonymous

$0.30 per cubic yard of concrete used.

Jun 12, 19 9:52 pm
randomised

As much as the client is willing to pay and as little as the architect is willing to work for, give or take.

Jun 13, 19 7:54 am
senjohnblutarsky

Depends on the services you're requesting. 

Is your A/E providing all design services? Do you have multiple design contracts?  Do they have a subconsultant (10% markup)? Are you retaining them through all phases of the project? 

Depending on the project and how much of a PITA you are as a client, you should expect a fee somewhere between 4 and 12% of the construction cost.  It all comes down to what randomised said.  Now, if you have ridiculous ideas about what a building is going cost you, then you'll obviously have a skewed idea of what the A/E should cost. 

I can assure you that metal building supplier who is telling you that you can have a building for $55/sf is full of shit (I run into this constantly.  PEMB suppliers tell a client they can get a building for some ridiculous price.  Yes, you can have a building.  Lying on your site in pieces).

Jun 13, 19 8:27 am
jla-x

Call liberskind, he will charge one million per acute angle.  

Jun 13, 19 11:00 am
Non Sequitur

How much for an obtuse? Asking for a friend.

jla-x

Not sure, but tell your friend there is a 2 for 1 Groupon for liberskind obtuse angles.

citizen

Obtuse angle? Or obtuse architect?

jla-x

I prefer acute architect.

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

• ×Search in: