Archinect
anchor

Architect at switzerland

pardistaherzadeh1

I want to know if I can work as an architect in Switzerland with my bachelor of architecture degree from "middle east technical university" in turkey and master of fine arts in interior architecture and environmental design from BILKENT University in Turkey? I speak in english, but I don't know german or french. 

May 6, 19 3:34 pm
JLC-1

this website is based in los angeles, california, united states.

May 6, 19 4:11 pm  · 
 · 
archinet

If you want to know apply for a job there and see if they reply. Best way to find out

May 6, 19 4:15 pm  · 
 · 
chris-chitect

With my experience in applying in other European countries, companies are a lot more focused on immigration status/ability to work in the country before even wanting to talk. Switzerland has its own rules, but it's much easier to work there if you're an EU citizen. Alternatively depending on your age and country of origin, you might be able to work under a youth mobility visa or something similar.

Best approach is to try. My experience is that European and Swiss companies are a bit more formal than Canadian companies and will reply to your application even if negative, while here in Canada they often can't be bothered to let you know the status of the application. 

As for language, Swiss German is very different from standard German. Swiss Germans write in standard German but spoken is a different story. That being said you might find offices that operate in English. 

May 7, 19 3:51 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: