Archinect
anchor

Space Architectue

abdulquadirsalik

Hii, I am a second year architecture student from Mumbai. I have participated in a competition in which I need to design a tourist and research center on moon. Hence I need information on architecture in space and also I want to research about the suitable technologies and techniques to sustain life on moon or space for that matter.

Please help by sharing your info on the topic and also by suggesting appropriate websites and books.

Thank you

Apr 29, 19 10:33 am

2 Featured Comments

All 7 Comments

Non Sequitur

Lifehack: most universities have these secret places with bound stacks of paper, often called books, which are searchable by topic. These places are in dedicated buildings with people who are paid to help you find shit.  Have you even tried a library?

There is so much precedent design theory from the 60s-70s to pull from... can't imagine you've done much leg work on this and just said fuck it, let's just get some random people on the internet to do my homework instead.

Apr 29, 19 10:42 am  · 
 · 
workmorelivemore

Tweet Elon Musk

Apr 29, 19 1:28 pm  · 
 · 
Featured Comment
bmcdonald2

Off the top of my head I would start by looking at what BIG is proposing for Mars. There is a ton of research to back up their designs as well are going to be building a giant simulator in AEU.

Nasa as well has commissioned Search+ to explore 3d printed towers for settlements on mars. 

If you want to discuss it shoot me a message! 

Apr 29, 19 2:10 pm  · 
 · 
Witty Banter

I believe SOM recently published a collaboration they had done with MIT on moon structures as well.

Apr 29, 19 3:17 pm  · 
 · 
tduds

You're gonna need a beefy air barrier.

Apr 29, 19 2:16 pm  · 
 · 
senjohnblutarsky

Just slap some illustrations from DUNE on your board.  Should be sufficient.

Apr 29, 19 3:06 pm  · 
 · 
thatsthat

best advice yet. Don't forget to wear your stillsuit while you present.

Apr 29, 19 3:23 pm  · 
 · 
x-jla

Just remember...the best material for building a colony in space is bullshit.  

Apr 29, 19 8:37 pm  · 
 · 
Featured Comment
SpeculativeCollonade

Check out the work being produced by students in M.S. Space Architecture: http://sicsa.egr.uh.edu/

And also some of the work produced recently by Foster for Mars Habitat and the SOM/MIT proposal for Moon habitation.

Apr 29, 19 11:49 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: