Archinect
anchor

Employment opportunities for Landscape Architecs

kravimksy

Hi people,

I am contemplating starting a Masters in Landscape Planning and switching my career into this direction. I am now a biologist/ecologist, but am a bit disillusioned with my industry, and I've gotten to the painful conclusion that I do not like research, thus not many opportunities present to me.

I have though been fond of architecture for all my life, I like drawing and sketching, and I'm now thinking why not combine my passion for the environment with the latter and maybe make a career out of it.

Thing is, I don't want to embark in a new career change and later find out that I'm in the same situation, having difficulties getting a job in my field.

How are the job prospects for this field? Are you guys happy with your job and do you see any room for evolution in your current position? Is there demand for LAs? Are they good enough paid? I don"t expect to get rich, but I'd like to have a decent living, just like everybody. 

The Master I plan to enroll in is more complex, it blends land management, planning, resource conservation and landscape ecology, so I'm thinking maybe I might have higher chances to get a role also in land restoration, water management, stuff like that, as it's also close to my degree in Ecology.

Any comments are welcomed.

Thanks!

Apr 3, 19 10:07 am

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: