Archinect
anchor

"Graduate Architect" Position

jdjones7

Hey everyone,

I'm about to complete my undergrad degree in architecture and have decided to take a few years off before heading back to get my masters. I've been looking around for jobs and my first offer was basically an internship leading into a full-time position. I'm not particularly fond of this as I have already completed an internship at another firm so I have the experience and will have a college degree. The pay was also low comparatively to anything I've seen around the area of Indianapolis. Am I being too needy or am I getting undervalued? I've noticed the term graduate architect is different between firms.

Apr 2, 19 9:11 am
Non Sequitur

Don't think "graduate architect" works in most places as it implies the position is for a licensed arch.  Junior designer, or something like that, is more likely what you should look for.

Apr 2, 19 9:23 am  · 
 · 
jdjones7

I may be off but wouldn't a licensed architect just be called an architect?

Apr 2, 19 10:18 am  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

yes. but plenty of folks try to appease fresh grad's insecurities by bastardizing the title with additional wording. We (our office) uses intern architect until you get a license.

Apr 2, 19 10:29 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: