Archinect
anchor

Architects in the US Civil Service.

RCIXM24

Hello Fellow Archinecters,

I hope everyone is doing well. I'm trying to start a thread for those Architects working for the Federal Government (regardless of what department or agency). 

I've been in Civil Service for 7 years and I am strongly considering a career change. Despite the warnings from my peers, I really want to do more hands on design construction management which is very difficult sometimes in Government. I'd like to hear your thoughts and comments on your careers and how do you feel about them? I enjoy the service and helping my country but I am very frustrated with the bureaucracy and lack of creativity. 

Does it get better? Do you feel like you make a difference? Did you leave to something else and found it better? Please let me know, any advice is highly appreciated!

Thank you all!

Mar 26, 19 9:03 pm
Archinect

You may be interested in listening to our podcast episode with Rusty Long, a State Architect for the USDA Rural Development office, who also runs his own private practice: A Conversation with Rusty Long, State Architect, Furloughed by the Government Shutdown

Mar 27, 19 12:08 am  · 
1  · 
RCIXM24

Thank you so much! I will definitely check it out!

Mar 27, 19 4:02 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: