Archinect
anchor

Urban Planning and Policy Design

ssena

Hi ! 

I have graduated from B.Sc. Architecture and I have been admitted to Politecnico di Milano/ M.Sc. Urban Planning and Policy Design.

Although, I have always liked the topics on urbanism and I have always enjoyed in the urban analysis part of the very beginning of the architectural design studios, I have doubts about Urban Planning and Policy Design master track. First of all, I am curious about what is the Polimi's approach to this field ? Is it more based on urban design or urban planning ? Secondly, I am comfortable with studying Urban Planning but also, I really like architecture. In school life, those topics are related to each other but what is the situation in reality ? Do you think urban planning could be beneficial to work in architecture and urbanism based offices ? Or in reality, are those independent fields? 

I am non- european student and I have already studied architecture for 4 years and I still really like architecture. But, I don't want to repeat same things in master too. Therefore, I thought different field could be more advantagous for me but now those questions are confusing me.

I am open to any critism about university or the field. 

Thanks in advance !

Feb 18, 19 3:18 pm
mithileshmandal

hi, I got accepted at polimi in UPPD for 2020, what is your outlook about this course if you have studied it?

Feb 8, 20 10:30 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: