Archinect
anchor

Does American license make a difference in Europe?

zhnedc

Hello, 

I am an EU citizen, schooled in the US, where I stared the process of NCARB licensure. Certain life circumstances are pressing me to seriously consider moving back to Europe. As some of you are aware, obtaining license in the US is potentially arduous and expensive endeavor. I am wondering if someone can tell me whether having US license would give me a significant leg up when applying to jobs in Europe. 

Thank you so much! 

Jan 3, 19 9:25 am
Non Sequitur

Why would an american license matter in europe?  You can't use it for anything there and I'm sure what ever professional reciprocity agreement you'll encounter will require a big chunk of american experience.

Jan 3, 19 9:59 am  · 
 · 
randomised

It shows you might not want to stick around and will go back to the US as soon as an opportunity presents itself.

If you want to show you're dedicated to your (potential) new European employer, start the European licensing procedures before applying to jobs.

Jan 3, 19 2:53 pm  · 
 · 
JLC-1

sorry, as usual, ncarb information is useless; the link they say is to "to explore the licensure requirements of other countries" is broken

https://www.ncarb.org/advance-...

and that international union of architects is utterly bullshit.

Jan 3, 19 3:04 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: