Archinect
anchor

Use of Material.

aundraelee

Happy New Year Folks! I have a few questions related to materiality and would love some feedback: 1. When it comes to materials, what’s trending as far as innovative uses of traditional materials (wood, glass, stone, brick, concrete, metals, synthetics, composites, etc) as well as new products being introduced. I am mostly interested in the following applications- finishes, furnishings and structural features.; and 2. What do you find higher-end clients looking for when it comes to finishes- innovation, traditions, function, bargain, something none of their friends have, etc? 

Jan 3, 19 9:33 am
Non Sequitur

decorators follow trends.

Jan 3, 19 10:06 am  · 
 · 

What's the new Pantone color of the year?

Jan 3, 19 10:49 am  · 
 · 
randomised

Éminence grise.

Jan 3, 19 2:41 pm  · 
 · 
JLC-1

define higher-end

How do I phrase this to not sound condescending? There's people that have a lot of money but no education in the things that they believe makes a house stand out, those prefer "something none of their friends have"

Other people with lots of money but no need for adoration prefer true materials, durability, quality over quantity, performance over spectacle.

Jan 3, 19 10:57 am  · 
 · 
randomised

1.&2. Using computation/robotics to stack, slice, cut, print, weave, weld etc. in reclaimed/recycled/upcycled materials like 'wood, glass, stone, brick, concrete, metals, synthetics, composites'.

You're welcome.

Jan 3, 19 2:47 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: