Archinect
anchor

USA --> EU. Where to job search, Licensing, General ?s

archanonymous

Wondering if anyone can give tips on good job boards/ job search resources for Italy, Netherlands, Denmark, Sweden, France, Spain, etc... Basically Western and Northern Europe. 

Also wondering if anyone has made the transition from USA to an EU country as a professional and if so, could you offer any insight?

How does licensure transfer, if at all?

I'm too far out of school to lean on professors to get me jobs, but am going to try snag a studio or two before I make the move to firm up my teaching experience as a fallback.

Any insight on awareness of our academic institutions/ popular firms? Would I be negating the value of my credentials, or is there fair awareness of USA schools and firms in Europe?

Are schools in Europe as vapid, technically soft and unfocused as in the USA? Like could I get a job as a prof of practice based on my decade+ experience and 6 built projects, or is a teaching job contingent on having a research agenda involving ombre?

Dec 28, 18 11:35 am
randomised

If you approach the internationally oriented firms, they are/should be aware of the better USA schools and firms. And I don't know about technically soft and unfocused schools (at least in the Netherlands), both Technical Universities here are solid technically speaking when you want them to be (they offer a really wide range, so it's a pick and mix really) there are also Academies of Architecture where the students are obliged to work in architecture offices for half their credits, that's also an option for teaching positions, then you have also art schools or design academies that might offer something architecture related.

For jobs, in NL, archined.nl and architectenweb.nl are where most offices advertise their architect jobs, the universities use their own websites, and at werkenbijdeoverheid.nl you can find all the jobs in the public sector at municipalities or other government agencies.

Dec 28, 18 2:27 pm  · 
 · 
archanonymous

Great info, thank you.

Dec 28, 18 4:21 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: