Archinect
anchor

Options available if you don't want to get licensed on USA

javico88

Hi everyone! I've graduated from Architecture School back on 2012, and now living on the USA, my question here is: Are there any other convenient options to practice something relative to our profession instead of starting the huge and exhaustive process of becoming a licensed Architect here in USA???

Please any comment or even thought... as much as stupid it can sound....will help a lot!

Thanks

Dec 27, 18 5:55 pm
archanonymous

You can keep working without a license? 

Experienced professionals with foreign degrees are quite successful in the firm I am at. Probably takes a few more years for them to matriculate to leading projects... but they do. If you are working for a firm (and not trying to run your own practice) it doesn't matter much.

Otherwise... Industrial Design, Graphic Design, Real Estate, Contruction Management, etc... There are lots of options where you don't need a license, or it can be obtained more easily, but they aren't architecture.

Depending on your country of origin, you could try to complete the licensure process there, if having a professional credential is important to you.

Dec 27, 18 7:18 pm  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

you can move to astoria, Oregon.

Dec 27, 18 9:16 pm  · 
 · 
Bench

firms generally covering costs associated with licensing in the USA ...

Dec 27, 18 10:27 pm  · 
 · 
JLC-1

That's true only for ARE costs, which in this case are peanuts. For a foreigner, you need to translate transcripts, officialize with govt agencies, pay a eesa evaluation and even then you may not qualify to seat the exams, depending where you are coming from.

Dec 29, 18 10:51 am  · 
 · 
JLC-1

if your goal is to get licensed, work for a firm for 10 years and skip all edication requirements.

Dec 29, 18 10:52 am  · 
 · 
JLC-1

Education

Dec 29, 18 10:52 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: