Archinect
anchor

Does my GRE score qualify for the Ivy leagues?

Zhypronite282

Hi everyone, 

I recently took the GRE exam and sadly did not perform as well as I had hoped. I received a 158 verbal, 156 quant, and 4 awa. Would these scores still qualify me for highly ranked MArch 2 programs? I intend to apply to Harvard GSD, Columbia GSAPP, UPenn, UC Berkeley, and UCLA. I know that the portfolio is the most critical aspect of the application, however I highly doubt schools such as these will accept students below a certain minimum standard. If necessary, I can retake the GREs, but I’m not so confident that I can perform better as standardized tests have never been my strong point. 

Nov 25, 18 12:12 am
Non Sequitur

yeah, sure, score tests don’t mean anything.  They’ll take just any wanker willing to pay their exorbitant tuition anyways. 

Nov 25, 18 5:40 am  · 
 · 
placebeyondthesplines_

terrible GRE scores don't typically correlate with excellent portfolios, grades, and recommendations, so probably not.

Nov 26, 18 10:09 am  · 
 · 
username_af

youll be fine. 

i got a 155 + 155 and got into harvard, MIT, columbia, california college of the arts, parsons and pratt.

Nov 27, 18 3:26 pm  · 
 · 
Zhypronite282

Thanks for responding, thats a relief to hear!

Nov 30, 18 5:14 pm  · 
 · 
tduds

Counterpoint I got a near perfect GRE score and was rejected from a couple top ranked schools.

It doesn't matter. Your portfolio matters. Don't ignore the GRE but don't waste time studying that could be spend designing.

Nov 30, 18 5:39 pm  · 
 · 
peijunfei

YES you are qualified, because there are no a clear line for GRE score! Just make your portfolio perfect, then you nail it.

Nov 30, 18 6:48 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: