Archinect
anchor

Stopped internship - Will I be able to get into graduate school?

leren

After graduating with a BA I worked for a starchitect firm in my country. However, I decided to leave my internship early due to a harrassment issue that I faced while working there. I was unemployed for 3 months before I found a job at a large commercial firm. I plan to stay here before starting my MArch in September 2019.

I need references from my employer to apply to graduate school. I have very high degree grades and want to get into some top schools.

When I was at the starchitect firm I worked on some really exciting projects that I have in my portfolio. My current firm's projects are very mundane.

Do you think that in my graduate school application I can present portfolio projects from the starchitect's firm and references from the commercial firm?

Overall do you think it will make a bad impression to the admissions team that I didn't complete my internship at the starchitect's firm and do you think they will ask me for references from that job too?

Nov 24, 18 4:43 pm
Non Sequitur

Was it an unpaid internship?

Nov 24, 18 6:00 pm  · 
 · 
leren

No it was a 12 month paid internship. I would complete the internship and then do my experience and references' to get into a top school.

Nov 24, 18 6:57 pm  · 
 · 
leren

Use* (typing from a phone)

Nov 24, 18 6:59 pm  · 
 · 
AlinaF

You shouldn't have difficulty getting into a good programme if your former school work is strong. I wonder if you might even have to reveal the 3 month gap if the references come from your most recent employer (commercial firm).

Nov 25, 18 12:48 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: