Archinect
anchor

What kind of training needed for Indian B.Arch student going for M.Arch abroad

aishwarya007

I would really appreciate if this question is answered by some of the industry professionals with offices in Europe, Canada and the U.S. I am a recent B.Arch graduate from India , and have been applying for masters in the above mentioned countries since the last month. My possible admittance to any institute will be in Sep 2019, and hence I have about a year to train and practice in my home country. My predicament really is that the way we practice architecture here ( India) is very different from countries in the west. Form , expression , material and the software used are either different or advanced. I really want to have a solid skill set  by the time I reach a foreign country and want to be employable. Can anyone advice me on what kind of -

1) Software skills

2)Modeling skills 

3) Other skills

are needed for me to become a trained professional there. Right now, I am well versed in the following software- Autocad, Photoshop, Revit and Lumion. 

Q2- Is there anyway for me to get some outsourcing projects , so that I can show that as a reference for my experience in international architecture.

I am really confused as to do I even join an Indian firm or put all my time and energy into studying international projects and freelancing. 

Let me know what you guys think 

Nov 19, 18 1:20 am
Non Sequitur

Why are so many Indian B.arch looking for foreign M.arch?  Is archinect doing some sort of odd advertising down there?

Nov 19, 18 9:04 am  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

I did not imply anything about program quality Ricky. Just noting the recent surge of Indian B.arch students posting here looking to NA and Europe. Canada has reciprocity with several Indian architecture programs, I assume several similar compliance paths exist in Europe too.

Nov 19, 18 9:26 am  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

Ricky, I love the idea of you traveling to India to complete an acceptable architecture degree (acceptable under the CACB, commonwealth devision) in order to qualify for intern architect in BC. Tangential to this, I do not know what qualifies as exempt buildings in BC, nor am I aware of the process, if any, one needs to take in order to offer design services for the sake of building permit.

Nov 19, 18 11:41 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: