Archinect
anchor

Affordable Hejduk books?

CluelessMillenial

I'm looking to add a decent John Hejduk book (preferably one by him, but maybe just one about his work) to my library that includes his drawings, projects, and writing. There are a ton out there, and I think Mask of Medusa is likely the best anthology, but I can't find it for a reasonable price. Does anyone know where to get this book without spending a ton of money, or is there an alternative that might work and be more budget-friendly?

Nov 16, 18 2:44 pm
randomised

Have you tried the library?

Nov 16, 18 2:53 pm
CluelessMillenial

​Yes, but when I approached the checkout counter with my credit card they asked me to return the book after a few weeks. In fact, I've tried this at various libraries, and no matter what, they all want the books back after some point.

RickB-Astoria

Hey..... what the hell do you think a library is? What moron taught you that libraries are book stores? They are not. Do you know the difference between RENTING a book (library) and PURCHASING a book (book store)? Clueless Millenial.... sheesh.... what do they teach these days.....

PS: Try Amazon.com

https://www.amazon.com/Books-J...

Non Sequitur

the book he's looking for is like $150 or more on amazon.

RickB-Astoria

Sounds like his/her problem. The person could either get the book from a library for a rented period of time... like a few weeks from which it is expected to be returned. If he or she wants it for a permanent duration, he or she is going to have to put the cash out to own it.

randomised

What's wrong with borrowing indefinite? Geez, you really are clueless ;)

RickB-Astoria

Then it's theft. How is a library going to have books for people to read from if the person checking it out keeps it. For f--- sake, the book is not in digital. If it was digital format then they can set it up to basicly delete itself after so much time has passed.

Non Sequitur

don't even bother signing it out... just throw that puppy down on the flat bed and scan all the pages!

RickB-Astoria

Not a problem as far as I care. At least the library would have a copy not stuck in special collections.

RickB-Astoria

Libraries are like video rental places. If everyone who rented a movie kept the movie then there wouldn't be the movies available for other people to rent as there is only a finite number of copies. Eventually the rental places closes up their doors. The same with libraries. If you are too poor to rent or buy..... GET A FUCKING JOB !!!!

If you are rich enough to rent or buy the book and you steal, you should be castrated and mutilated after getting your ass kicked.

RickB-Astoria

PS: None of the comment here is a judgement or endorsement to the quality of the particular book or author. It is a comment on principle.

randomised

Watch out for this guy though when you "forget" to return the book:

Nov 17, 18 9:28 am
chigurh

sanctuaries 

Nov 17, 18 9:45 am
CluelessMillenial

Thanks, this looks like a great option.

OneLostArchitect

did they ever tear down his apartments in Berlin? 

Nov 17, 18 3:41 pm
OneLostArchitect

Have no clue, all I know it was on the chopping block. Ok

randomised

No the Kreuzberg Tower was saved last minute.

OneLostArchitect

Cool! So happy to see it still standing. I actually was in Berlin many years back and walking through them. I believe his daughter teaches architectural theory on the wes
t coast.

OneLostArchitect

*west coast

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

• ×Search in: