Archinect
anchor

Work - where in the world?

Remi-Richard

What architecture hot spots would you recommend to gain good quality design experience. I'm not talking single firms necessarily but rather cities or countries that support/value architectural expression or areas that are having a strong architectural moment.

Cheers!

Oct 24, 18 7:39 pm
donutsfordough

Start where someone can actually hire you without jumping through legal hurdles. You can't just drop in anywhere and expect to be able to work legally.

Oct 24, 18 8:12 pm  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

Planet Earth is a good place to look if that's you're level of precision.

Oct 24, 18 8:32 pm  · 
 · 
geezertect

But not the watery parts.

Oct 25, 18 7:44 am  · 
 · 
sameolddoctor

Mars, I hear. Elon Musk is looking

Oct 24, 18 8:48 pm  · 
 · 
randomised

Depends where you're from and what you're after really.

Oct 25, 18 4:26 am  · 
 · 
thisisnotmyname

"Good quality design experience" is going to be gained in a single firm.  Location is secondary.  Working in a crap architectural office located in a place with a fabulous design scene all around you is just going to create frustration.

Oct 25, 18 12:36 pm  · 
 · 
tillychan

Your experience does not really depends on company, but on the projects you make. Try to find the companies, the projects of which you really love

Oct 25, 18 3:01 pm  · 
 · 
lernom

You mean other countries? You town or city is one place where you can practice you skills. I think it deserve one of your first projects.

Jan 2, 19 6:36 am  · 
 · 
randomised

You know there are timestamps at the bottom of posts, right?

Jan 2, 19 6:57 am  · 
 · 
Finjohn

https://archinect.com/c4ablog/...

Jan 2, 19 5:24 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: