Archinect
anchor

Architectural career worth pursuing

Christianik

Hi guys... 

My brief history is I love medical field, design field and entrepreneurship(especially Real Estate). I started out in the medical field until the school literally shut down after two years, then I transfered to a new school and studied Architecture. 

I loved designing and creative evolution of form and space in response to environmental needs and challenges...

Oct 15, 18 3:09 pm
Non Sequitur

School was shut down?

Sounds sketchy as fuck.  Hopefully you've moved to a respectable and accredited institution.  Is there a question in your statement?

Oct 15, 18 3:36 pm  · 
 · 
Christianik

Yeah... The school had serious issues with the government.
Is there a word limit or something??? Because I wrote way more than that!

Oct 16, 18 5:00 am  · 
 · 
randomised

The three dots are code for delete everything after...

Oct 16, 18 5:08 am  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

What country is this in? If a medical school can get canned so easily, there is likely little future for architecture.

Oct 16, 18 8:01 am  · 
 · 
randomised

Oct 16, 18 8:16 am  · 
 · 
geezertect

Fred's School of Taxidermy?

Oct 16, 18 10:50 am  · 
 · 
Christianik

Seriously? 

OK, I'll take note of that. 

Meaning I have to repost it then. 

Thanks

Oct 16, 18 5:29 am  · 
 · 
randomised

Yeah...

Oct 16, 18 5:30 am  · 
 · 

I would think that your in a good position to be an excellent hospital and clinic designer, this is an area that requires understanding of medicine, business and architecture and it is a rare thing to find someone with knowledge and experience in all three.  You could very well be on track to be a first rate hospital planner, a very specialized and in demand field.

Best of Luck

Peter N

Oct 16, 18 10:14 am  · 
 · 
Christianik

Wow, I never thought so.

Oct 16, 18 4:05 pm  · 
 · 
Christianik

SO THE REAL QUESTION I WAS TRYING TO ASK IS THIS: 

I started out in the medical field until the school literally shut down after two years(Its now reopened), then I transfered to a new school and studied Architecture. 

I loved designing 

Disliked drafting and anything construction drawing. 

While in school, I started several business and two of them are still doing very well till today without my direct involvement. 

After school I worked in a firm, and after a short while, majority of the tasks I was assigned had to do with client management which involves ensuring effective communication and budgeting between firm and clients, conducting presentations, offering professional advice and convincing the client why it has to be done a certain way etc

I sincerely find more joy doing this than sitting behind Revit, sketch up and photoshop! 

My thought is to go into Project management as a Major career path. But I hardly know what awaits me if I go down that road. What are my prospects? 

And if eventually I do, is Canada or Australia a better prospect for such skill set because I'm also planning on immigrating. 

Please what do you think??? 

Oct 17, 18 4:51 am  · 
 · 
randomised

No need to shout though.

Oct 17, 18 7:07 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: