Archinect
anchor

Individuals using "Architecture" in their firm name...

Arch2012

along with their name when they are not registered.  For example "Joe Blow Interior Architecture and Design" or "Joe Blow Architecture / Design."  Is this okay?  We spend so much time, effort and money, getting registered that this drives me nuts.  Would you try to report it if you confirmed that it is a violation?

Aug 6, 18 8:03 pm
Fivescore

It depends on the state - in some this is legal, in others it's not.  Check your state's rules and statutes.

If you find that it is illegal, whether you must report it may also depend on the state.  If you're a licensed architect you may be required by your state's rules to report any violations of which you're aware. 

If you're not required by law to report it then whether or not to do so might be more complicated.  In some states you can't report anonymously - so if you do it then Joe Blow is going to know.

Aug 6, 18 8:24 pm  · 
 · 
Arch2012

LOL!!! Good one! Thanks for making me smile.

Aug 6, 18 8:51 pm  · 
 · 
SneakyPete

Why does it drive you nuts? Is Joe stealing clients? Are you angry at Joe because of what Joe is doing or are you angry because the time, effort and money you spent getting registered is something that generally doesn't have an established value by the types of people who would hire Joe?

Aug 6, 18 8:26 pm  · 
 · 
Arch2012

It's making me nuts because, by that standard, I could have saved a ton of time, money and effort when I set up my firm.  Joe Blow is not taking my clients.  Not even in the same part of the country.

Aug 6, 18 8:52 pm  · 
 · 
Arch2012

Also, I do value the process of registration, Going into it I wasn't convinced, but discovered during the process that it is very valuable to how you practice and service clients.

Aug 6, 18 9:11 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: