Archinect
anchor

Postpartum Depression: Intern Season

starling
Well it’s that time of summer again.

My intern is leaving and I’m not sure I can carry on with life.

Who is going to make my random 3D study model prints for me? I don’t even know how to open the damn Cura software.

Who is going to offer to come in on saturdays after I’ve explicitly told them not to?

Who is going to set up meetings for a project I didn’t even know I was assigned to?

Laugh at my stupid jokes? Ask if the bar we are going to is 18+?

R.I.P. Intern. I never deserved you.

Jul 31, 18 12:40 am
Non Sequitur
Hopefully you paid them well.
Jul 31, 18 6:58 am  · 
 · 
geezertect

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Jul 31, 18 7:17 am  · 
 · 
starling
Not enough, apparently, as they are now leaving.

Something about needing to return to school in the fall. I couldn’t hear very well over my sobs.
Jul 31, 18 9:45 am  · 
 · 
randomised

What made them leave two months early though?

Jul 31, 18 11:55 am  · 
 · 
thatsthat

In a lot of the US, school starts mid-August.

Jul 31, 18 2:02 pm  · 
 · 
randomised

But fall starts mid-September.

Jul 31, 18 2:06 pm  · 
 · 

starling, I had no idea post-intern depression is a thing. I miss mine so much I'm near tears each day! Solidarity, sister!

Ours took two weeks to spend time with her family before school starts. A well-deserved break, as she worked her butt off - and was far, far more organized and productive than I am! - for the 8 weeks she was here.

And yes, she was paid. No one should work for free.

Jul 31, 18 3:02 pm  · 
 · 
Wilma Buttfit

I don't have an intern who left me, but its a stressful time of year and I have the blues. Just for the day hopefully.

Jul 31, 18 5:38 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: