Archinect
anchor

Is getting registered in Architects’ Register in Netherlands mandatory to work in a design studio ?

mohammadsahmad

So I couldn't wrap my head around the final answer, so I have a Masters degree in Architecture from Japan and I am willing to apply for jobs in the Netherlands. My question is assume I will be working for an international design studio like OMA or MVRDV, do I need to have Architects’ Register to work as an employee for them ?

Jul 24, 18 4:26 pm
randomised

I'd focus on getting hired there before even considering registration ;)

But to answer your question, no you don't need to be registered to get hired, mostly only the natives are registered and they run the Dutch projects most of the times.

Jul 25, 18 4:31 am  · 
 · 
mohammadsahmad

I asked the question to be able to get hired if it had been mandatory to get the registration I wouldn't bother to apply and think of another country to apply for ... anyways thanks for the answer.

Jul 26, 18 4:43 am  · 
 · 
randomised

So, nope not mandatory at all. It might be useful further down the road when you'd like to run projects, face clients or deal with municipalities etc.

Jul 26, 18 6:39 am  · 
 · 
mohammadsahmad

Many thanks for the answer :)

Jul 26, 18 6:45 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: