Archinect
anchor

Recent M.arch grad start in interior design

Mr Almost Architect

Hi all,

I just want to know what are other people's thoughts on how much of an impact this will have on my future? 

To be clear, I'm still on track to become an architect, that's still my goal. I just wonder sometimes about the transition or if I'm deviating from the experience I should be having instead of what I'm currently learning. I love where I work and who I work with, but sometimes I can't help thinking If I should switch (I have been given the opportunity, but I chose not to for now).

Jul 8, 18 4:47 am
thisisnotmyname

You simply need to find a job at a firm whose work you admire and ask  that you be primarily assigned to work on interior spaces.  Make sure they do FF&E as well.  You will probably learn the most if the firm does high-end work.

The interior design vs. architecture dichotomy can be a real waste of your time.  The really great firms just do good work and don't obsess about architecture vs. interior design.

Jul 8, 18 2:51 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: