Archinect
anchor

Herzog & de Meuron reply after application

Bijack

I have just applied a couple of days ago online to Herzog & de Meuron. I know that they respond to online applications, so Im wondering - did anybody who heard from them after applying online can tell me how long it takes for them to get back after applying?

Jun 26, 18 6:51 pm
Non Sequitur

How many applications do you think they get per day?  Was yours so significant that it beats all the others?

Jun 26, 18 9:02 pm  · 
 · 
rerenyc

Your best bet is to ask someone you know who works for them, or knows them (or a partner) personally to watch out for your application. I would keep my options open in the meantime. 

Jun 28, 18 12:36 am  · 
 · 
AlinaF

Do you expect a reply from Herzog or is it de Meuron that you rather hear back from?

Jun 28, 18 7:58 pm  · 
 · 
Bijack

I believe they have Human Resources Department in that company :)

Jun 29, 18 11:56 am  · 
 · 
tduds

Hermeuron Resources.

Jun 29, 18 1:15 pm  · 
 · 
AlinaF

Nah, Jacques reads the cover letters and Pierre skims through the portfolios. It takes them an extra 8 hours a day on top of their workload, but I guess it's worth it.

Jun 29, 18 2:56 pm  · 
 · 
Bijack

You dont say

Jun 29, 18 3:07 pm  · 
 · 
AlinaF

I know right? Did you really think they would treat online internship applications so lightly?

Jun 29, 18 3:10 pm  · 
 · 
Bijack

I guess I thought that people who have actual things to do, don't waste time on bitter bullshitting on internet. :)

Jun 29, 18 3:13 pm  · 
 · 
AlinaF

It's no BS, they just take recruitment seriously. The reason why it takes them 2-4 months to reply is because they read every single application themselves.

Jun 29, 18 3:50 pm  · 
 · 
Bijack

I don't know who reads them nor do I pretend to know. I wonder why you even care, if you can't definitely answer very simple question, which is the topic of this discussion. I need a simple answer and I'm not a fucking idiot, I know how many applications they get. I also know that I applied right after the job was posted on the website and it said they are looking for people asap.

Jun 29, 18 4:03 pm  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

Did you try calling them?

Jun 29, 18 4:06 pm  · 
 · 
Bijack

I sent a hard copy in addition to online application. But it probably hasn't reached their office yet.

Jun 29, 18 4:11 pm  · 
 · 
Bijack

Thank you for your obvious advice and bitterness, however they don't answer my question. :) If anybody has applied to a job opening and got a response I would greatly appreciate an answer - how long does it usually take for Herzog & de Meuron Human Resources to respond?

And for that matter, does anybody know how long does it take them to respond to mailed applications? 

Jun 29, 18 11:53 am  · 
 · 
randomised

I'm not sure if I'm still waiting for their reply or that it landed in my spam.

Jun 29, 18 12:00 pm  · 
 · 
Bijack

Thank you

Jun 29, 18 12:01 pm  · 
 · 
Bijack

And any other answers would be appreciated ;)

Jun 29, 18 12:07 pm  · 
 · 
JLC-1

4 months - after that just forget it.

Jun 29, 18 12:09 pm  · 
 · 
archinet

I got an offer from them after 2 months roughly. But I was a student and it was for an internship.  

Jun 29, 18 12:50 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: