Archinect
anchor

Study in US or Europe

alphabetsoup

hello everyone

I am a high school student who will be graduating in 1 year (yay!). I am interested in going to school in europe because I have dual citizenship, but I'm not sure if it would be better to stay in the united states or go abroad. As far as becoming an architect will it be possible with a foreign degree?

May 29, 18 11:46 am
dawnchorus

Depends on where you would like to work. Europe has schools just as good as US, but in US you pay much much more. However, it is more difficult to work in the US without a US degree.

I also have dual citizenship and studied in US and now work in Europe. I do regret paying so much for my degree but at least I can go back to work in the US where salaries are much higher.

May 29, 18 12:02 pm  · 
 · 
alphabetsoup

are there schools in Spain that are really good? 

I have family there, so it would be the cheapest. 

May 29, 18 3:48 pm  · 
 · 
archinet

There are excellent schools in Europe and most are free- do it. In the US you will pay an arm and a leg. I would for sure do an undergrad in Europe since it can be done for free at a good school and then maybe try the US for the Masters- only if you can get a scholarship where you pay nothing. 

Aug 4, 18 10:46 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: