Archinect
anchor

#BadStockPhotosOfMyJob

Living in Gin

I got inspired by this clickbait article and decided to look up stock photos of architects.

https://blog.artfido.com/worke...

“According to the blank side of this sheet, the contractor is building this completely wrong.”

May 20, 18 6:43 pm

New OSHA requirements mandate that hardhats be worn at all times, even back at the office.

May 20, 18 6:44 pm  · 
3  · 
natematt

Blaze for Days

Sep 1, 20 1:53 am  · 
 · 

Today’s BIM technology can instantly convert a hand-drafted floor plan into a photorealistic exterior rendering.

May 20, 18 6:45 pm  · 
 · 
joseffischer

hah, he has no mouse, must be touch screen

May 21, 18 1:07 pm  · 
 · 
x-jla

No, it’s neurolink. Just imagine and waalaa!

Aug 30, 20 10:01 am  · 
 · 

Yeah, we really need to have a meeting with HR about that guy.

May 20, 18 6:46 pm  · 
1  · 

HULK SMASH YOUR TERRIBLE CONCEPT

May 20, 18 6:47 pm  · 
 · 

The schools are really doing a terrible job of preparing graduates for professional practice these days. Our new intern isn’t even potty-trained.

May 20, 18 6:48 pm  · 
 · 

“Should we tell the project manager that we do all this stuff on the computer now?”

“Meh, he’d just fuck it all up.

May 20, 18 6:49 pm  · 
 · 
atelier nobody

Hey now - I'm that guy!

Aug 31, 20 1:47 pm  · 
 · 

“So, uhh, is my name on that ‘Shitty Men in Architecture’ list?”

May 20, 18 6:50 pm  · 
1  · 

This one is actually accurate.

May 20, 18 6:51 pm  · 
 · 

But the way that rolled up single sheet of paper is going to crumple ineffectually as it hits the model is hilarious!

May 20, 18 10:18 pm  · 
 · 
atelier nobody

I call BS! Who wears ties anymore?

Aug 31, 20 1:48 pm  · 
 · 
Wilma Buttfit

Image result for architect stock photo

You aren't going to pay the last invoice? And now you need me to do what? Is this for fucking real?  

May 20, 18 9:14 pm  · 
1  · 
Wilma Buttfit

Image result for architect stock photoI'm not stressed. Not stressed at all. Why?

May 20, 18 9:22 pm  · 
 · 
Wilma Buttfit

Precision guesswork based on questionable knowledge. 

May 20, 18 9:24 pm  · 
3  · 
Wilma Buttfit

Where's that barf bag?

May 20, 18 9:31 pm  · 
 · 
Wilma Buttfit

Image result for sexy construction workerGeneral note #26: All work shall be carried out by... this guy.

May 20, 18 9:37 pm  · 
2  · 

I used this as my Tinder profile pic and got a lot of matches last night. Man are my dates going to be disappointed when they see me.

May 21, 18 12:40 pm  · 
 · 
Wilma Buttfit

Hahahaha. Then you impress the ladies with your painting charm and all is forgiven or she isn't worth it anyways.

May 21, 18 2:25 pm  · 
 · 

I wish my painting charm translated into sales. I'm running out of places to hang them in my apartment (curse of painting whatever you feel like painting I suppose).

May 23, 18 10:13 am  · 
 · 
Wilma Buttfit

Image result for engineer stock photos

Here's the barf bowl.

May 20, 18 9:52 pm  · 
 · 
Wilma Buttfit

Image result for stock photos The phone has been ringing off the hook since I started my firm last week. It's just been sales reps so far but I think my luck is just about to change...

May 20, 18 10:51 pm  · 
 · 
Wilma Buttfit

Image result for stock photos architect 

What clients see: That'll be $56,000 please. 

May 20, 18 11:07 pm  · 
 · 
proto

this thread is fire

May 21, 18 4:16 pm  · 
 · 
Fivescore

"In this area we'll use brick-colored scalloped vinyl siding, for a sense of old-world craftsmanship."

May 21, 18 4:23 pm  · 
 · 
nabrU

Legacy?

May 21, 18 8:57 pm  · 
 · 

May 21, 18 10:48 pm  · 
1  · 
∑ π ∓ √ ∞

Image result for woody harrelson architect

Indecent!

May 22, 18 12:10 am  · 
 · 
∑ π ∓ √ ∞

Hot

Related image

May 22, 18 12:11 am  · 
 · 

I distinctly remember this scene in this terrible movie. The girlfriend asks "What are you looking at?" and the architect archly replies "I'm concerned about this fenestration" to which the girlfriend says "Huh?" and the architect smiles condescendingly and says "Fenestration means windows" and then I roll my eyes until they hurt and deeply, harshly question why I chose to join this obnoxious preening profession.

May 23, 18 9:01 pm  · 
2  · 
Anon_grad2.0

Is this a young Kundig? Kidding...obviously

May 29, 18 4:08 pm  · 
 · 
∑ π ∓ √ ∞

white.

Image result for woody harrelson architect

May 22, 18 12:12 am  · 
 · 
randomised

These pics are the reason people say "Oh wow, fascinating" when you tell them you're an architect...and when you tell them what you actually do they turn away like you have some kind of highly contagious disease.

May 22, 18 3:01 am  · 
 · 
citizen

+++ Exactly

May 30, 18 5:54 pm  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

business, architecture, building, construction and people concept - close up of architect hands with compass measuring living house blueprint

"Straight edge or tape? nah, let's use a needle compass to measure this room."  Bonus points for using a super basic 1:10 floor plan.

May 22, 18 8:10 am  · 
 · 
shellarchitect

if its good enough for a pirate.....

May 23, 18 10:15 am  · 
 · 
citizen

Is that a closet along the bottom? Or a small porch that's completely enclosed with blank walls? Either way, they're fired!

May 30, 18 5:53 pm  · 
 · 
Volunteer

I think psychologists would have a field day explaining the hard hat with wearing an expensive suit and shoes on site. "Hey, Mr. Architect, could you come under this (muddy) crawl space and look at this foundation crack?"

May 22, 18 8:40 am  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

I do. What's wrong with dressing nice?

May 22, 18 8:48 am  · 
 · 
curtkram

i don't really see how leather oxfords can be all that different than leather cowboy boots. i don't have a problem wearing jeans on site, but more to the point i really don't want to have to manage 2 wardrobes.

May 22, 18 8:02 pm  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

I only have one wardrobe: Office dress with one pair of jeans and some pearl jam t-shirts. One of our office's associates proudly wears cowboy boots tho.

May 22, 18 8:25 pm  · 
 · 
curtkram

do you think stepping in mud is different for the cowboy boot guy than the oxford guy?

May 22, 18 8:39 pm  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

do they sell spurs for oxfords?

May 22, 18 10:09 pm  · 
 · 
curtkram

if they don't, they should. i may have found a kickstarter idea

May 23, 18 7:13 am  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

Curt, put me down as an investor.

May 23, 18 7:49 am  · 
 · 

I'd send an intern down into the muddy crawl space and monitor the situation remotely from the helo while sipping a '92 Dom Perignon.

May 23, 18 9:11 am  · 
 · 
shellarchitect

are the oxfords snake proof?

May 23, 18 10:16 am  · 
 · 
∑ π ∓ √ ∞

what?

Image courtesy of Swarovski.

May 22, 18 10:34 pm  · 
 · 
randomised

But he wears black, this must be a real one...

May 23, 18 3:04 am  · 
 · 
shellarchitect

libeskind?

May 23, 18 10:18 am  · 
 · 

So shardy!!!

May 23, 18 9:02 pm  · 
 · 
citizen

This photo is obviously fake. He isn't talking for hours on end.

May 30, 18 5:55 pm  · 
1  · 
Volunteer

"On second thought, Mr. van Cleef, your drawings are fine as submitted. No changes necessary"

May 23, 18 7:41 am  · 
 · 
Wilma Buttfit

Do you even know what the summation of infinitesimal differences would look like?

May 23, 18 5:35 pm  · 
 · 
senjohnblutarsky

What model? I only see blank paper and a person holding it.

May 29, 18 4:54 pm  · 
 · 
senjohnblutarsky

Rick, you do know that I was referring to a model of a building, right? And the woman can't be a model. She's wearing a hardhat. That must mean she is an Architect. All Architects wear hardhats, all the time.

May 30, 18 8:04 am  · 
 · 
Wilma Buttfit

That lady? She's an engineer.

May 30, 18 11:52 am  · 
 · 
∑ π ∓ √ ∞

Definitely an engineer, no architect would be caught dead in heels that weren't Lou Boutain

May 30, 18 9:54 pm  · 
 · 
∑ π ∓ √ ∞

Stupid phone. Louboutin.

May 30, 18 9:54 pm  · 
 · 
Wilma Buttfit

Image result for  busyarchitect stock photoNeither science, nor business, it's best defined as a lifestyle. An all encompassing lifestyle.

May 27, 18 5:54 pm  · 
 · 
randomised

That picture makes me very sad actually. The kid is both comforting his dad and wanting attention, but all dad sees is his project he can't let go off...feeling sorry for both.

May 30, 18 2:53 am  · 
 · 
Wilma Buttfit

All-encompassing means it is the kid's lifestyle too, and not by choice. And the kid knows better but the dad doesn't. The look on the kid's face says, I guess I'll take myself to the museum then and you can stay here and adjust little lines on a page. But the dad could be an awesome person to go to the museum with, being an architect. Sad, yes. That's why it's funny.

May 30, 18 11:51 am  · 
 · 
joseffischer

Don't take your work home... oh, you work from home? build yourself a little shed in the back, leave your work phone in it, lock the door, and give your spouse the key until morning.

May 30, 18 12:14 pm  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

Tintt, I can't wait until I can take my little one to the museum and annoy him. My wife has grown tired of my explanations over a decade ago.

May 30, 18 1:05 pm  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

^correct Rick. She is a kindergarten teacher.

May 30, 18 2:12 pm  · 
 · 
randomised

Took my one year old to the museum this weekend, we all had a blast.

May 30, 18 4:20 pm  · 
 · 
citizen

"Gee, Dad, you weren't too busy when you were conceiving me."

May 30, 18 5:57 pm  · 
 · 
Almosthip7

My dad bought my first compass set. Just like the one above, except it was a Staedtler.

May 30, 18 6:36 pm  · 
 · 
whistler

That photos a bit unfair for Architects as this situation all the time and it's not just because it features an architect. Lots of Dad's bring their work home. I worked from home for about 7-8 years while my kids were very young. I have two distinct images one of my young some venturing into my office ( the garage ) for the first time with wide eyed bewilderment and genuine enjoyment to see that I was home, he had never figured out that I was there all day long and started a long term tradition of him coming home and sitting beside me to do his "homework", basically colouring.

May 30, 18 8:22 pm  · 
 · 
whistler

The other was a when I had created a small studio in another part of the house ( so that I couldn't walk to the office in slippers and a house coat ) and all three of my kids walked in after visiting a friend whose dog had just had puppies and each kid walked in holding a four week old Bernise Mountain Dog and asked to keep them. Now, not sure about you folks but I am a total sucker for puppies and after that the whole office ( 3 of us ) and my kids played with these puppies for about 2 hours. That was beyond cute and tons of fun, and no we didn't keep the puppies but ended up getting our own a few months later.

May 30, 18 8:27 pm  · 
 · 
∑ π ∓ √ ∞

I'm offended by the light blue shirt.

May 30, 18 9:52 pm  · 
 · 
natematt

^The light blue does scream engineer.

Aug 31, 20 11:34 pm  · 
 · 

Cat's Cradle. 

Fortunately I had the exact opposite experience. I remember my dad in charette, watercoloring a huge rendering, making up stories about the people he was drawing and the outfits he was giving them. One guy got a red and white striped shirt, 40 years befor Waldo.

May 30, 18 2:42 pm  · 
 · 
Wilma Buttfit

Your elementary age kids prob have more experience than most interns with 3-5 years experience in an office. The rule of billable hours doesn’t allow site visits.

May 31, 18 8:55 am  · 
 · 
Wilma Buttfit

My daughter launched sketch-up last week announcing, “I’m going to make some money.” I was like, good.

May 31, 18 8:56 am  · 
 · 
Wilma Buttfit

I was always told I wasn't allowed to visit job sites because somebody needed to stay at the office to draw with 98% billable time or the office wouldn't be profitable. Ya mean they were pulling my my chain?

Jun 1, 18 6:05 am  · 
 · 
Wilma Buttfit

Well you aren't exactly the AIA firm of the year either.

Jun 1, 18 6:40 am  · 
 · 
Wilma Buttfit

I know all about it.

Jun 1, 18 10:31 am  · 
 · 
Wilma Buttfit

Death threats over text message? Being an architect is not what I expected...

Jun 1, 18 6:18 am  · 
 · 
curtkram

must have been a good text message

Jun 1, 18 5:32 pm  · 
 · 

I always liked this one when you could snooze between the corrections.These guys are drafting bombs for Ford.

Aug 29, 20 5:11 pm  · 
1  · 
citizen

From The Architect.Welche Filme sollte man als Architekt gesehen haben? - Quora

(I'll be right back after I post a copy over on the Snazzy Stairs thread.)

Aug 29, 20 6:37 pm  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

This one is called young sexy architect:

Young sexy architect

Aug 29, 20 6:48 pm  · 
 · 
rcz1001

That's what I call "I'm looking for the unemployment line" architect.

Unless there is really a good reason for an architect to not have a shirt on in public view when performing architectural services, this is not to professional dress 'code' for attire.

Aug 29, 20 7:49 pm  · 
 · 
bowling_ball

Rick, I bet you're a real hoot at parties

Aug 29, 20 10:28 pm  · 
1  · 
rcz1001

It seems like you like COCKtail parties.

Aug 29, 20 11:46 pm  · 
 · 
randomised

Gotta have a job for a stock photo to represent it in a bad way...

Aug 30, 20 3:44 am  · 
 · 
rcz1001

I don't follow your line of thought you are trying to communicate.

Aug 30, 20 4:04 am  · 
 · 
randomised

Happens to the best of 'em...

Aug 30, 20 8:52 am  · 
1  · 
atelier nobody

Thread necro done right.

Aug 31, 20 1:56 pm  · 
1  · 
atelier nobody

Architect Drawing Architectural House Plan On Virtual Screen. Stock Photo,  Picture And Royalty Free Image. Image 24459819.

All design must be done in grease pencil on the office windows.

Aug 31, 20 2:04 pm  · 
1  · 
atelier nobody

Photo: woman architect | Woman architect lining sketch in studio — Stock  Photo © golubovy #133992318

Marian just loves working at her new squatting-height desk.

Aug 31, 20 2:14 pm  · 
1  · 
citizen

But her dungarees have suffered terribly!

Aug 31, 20 2:39 pm  · 
2  · 
Almosthip

These drawings must be so full of information because they look so heavy.

Aug 31, 20 3:46 pm  · 
1  · 
citizen

Definitely NOT the hernia-inducing, 57-lb. full set you'd expect from someone showing up dressed like that.

Aug 31, 20 5:49 pm  · 
 · 
SneakyPete

They call that look "Off-the-rack Inept"

Aug 31, 20 5:58 pm  · 
 · 
natematt
Computer Rage GIFs | Tenor

FW: RFI 001 - Sheet index clarifications
Sep 1, 20 2:01 am  · 
2  · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: