Archinect
anchor

How to become a licensed architect in Spain?

M Salka

Does anyone have any information about the process for becoming licensed as an architect in Spain?

I’m curious because I’m considering a masters program at the Institute of Advanced Architecture of Catalonia which is currently unaccredited.

Thanks!

May 19, 18 9:42 am
Non Sequitur
Don’t take non accredited degrees.
May 19, 18 2:02 pm  · 
 · 
M Salka

If only it were so simple. My undergraduate course at the Univeristy of Colorado at Boulder was accredited at the time I enrolled, but due to a split from the administration in Denver during my time as a student and the fact it can take up to five years for the NAAB to assess new applications it wasn’t when I graduated. Fortunately for me, in Colorado an accredited degree isn’t required for licensure if the candidate completes all the required internship hours before beginning examination. Once an architect is licensed in Colorado, they can then apply for reciprocity in other states - even those that normally require accredited educations. In short, it’s so complicated here that it’s not out of the realm of possibility other nations might have similar complexities.

May 19, 18 2:27 pm  · 
 · 
Anon_grad2.0

Why not stay stateside? Wouldn’t that be cheaper. Unless you have a European passport, you’ll most likely have a hard time finding work

May 19, 18 2:34 pm  · 
 · 
M Salka

I want to go abroad for many reasons other than cost, but my total expense in Europe will actually be a fraction of what it would at similar caliber universities in the US (partly due to the states’ unmatched tuition fees and party to scholarships). I do realize finding work may prove considerably more difficult, but am hopeful the fact the school in question has offered me at least a 6-month to 1-year position after graduation will help somewhat.

May 19, 18 3:25 pm  · 
 · 
threadkilla

Architects are licensed upon graduation from an accredited Master's pogram in Spain, at least as far as I know

May 20, 18 3:07 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: