Archinect
anchor

Building upwards while maintaining regional architectural styles

physiarchitecture

Hi Everyone,

Just wanted to share a pro architecture political-economic platform (The New Physiocratic League), which uses land and property taxes to mould cities to contain desired architectural forms. The land taxes would encourage upward building (penalizing underutilized land and speculation), while the property taxes would be levied on buildings which don't meet specific standards, thereby sculpting the buildings into specific styles.

The idea is that cities can be built to utilize local architectural styles even where skyscrapers are needed to create more urban density. I commissioned an example of how a city in Nigeria might look in such a case with these types of skyscrapers (image attached). I used examples of some of their local traditional architectural styles. I hope to also create examples for Russia, Brazil, and the United States.

May 12, 18 7:02 pm

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: