Archinect
anchor

Malaysian architecture students planning to further study in Australia

averllenang

I am a malaysian architecture students currently studying my part 1 and soon to complete it in august. Wanted to study in australia for my part 2 most probably in Monash University. I planning to work at Australia after my studies and thinking of migrating as well in the future. 

I have heard from a few people saying that getting a job in Australia is hard as a international students? (after graduating). I need advices and suggestion. 

Many thanks!!

May 8, 18 6:12 pm
mrwxy

Generally speaking, jobs in architecture are tough, period. I assume you mean Melbourne, Australia as opposed to the larger scope of Australia. Regardless, when you graduate from your Masters (which is what I assume you mean by Part 2), you will more than likely be eligible for a Graduate Visa which would last you for 2 years. You should be able to find work (assuming of course you are good enough) during this time, and with this experience potentially get a work sponsored residency. If you find a job, and you're good at it, companies will often fight to keep you - by sponsoring you. At least that's been my experience, and I've witnessed it happen for plenty of my Malaysian counterparts working and living in Melbourne now. 

TL;DR If you're good at what you do, you should be fine.

Dec 12, 18 11:17 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: