Archinect
anchor

Conversion?

domwall

Hi,

Through my initial research I realise this is hugely unlikely. However, I'm graduating this May with a degree (potentially 1st class Hons) in Building Surveying, but since my final year has included a lot of design, I've realised I would actually like to pursue architecture.

Throughout my youth I always wanted to be an architect, but the amount of years at University put me off initially. Is there anyway to convert from BS into Architecture without completing another degree?

Thanks in advance!

May 2, 18 4:52 pm
Non Sequitur

Depends on your country but if you're hoping to work in most of the civilized world, the answer will likely be no.  Granted an office might take a shot at you if you demonstrated exceptional skills, but 90% of our scope of work is not simple design: It's heavy on the details and legal/contractual stuff. Hard to see someone taking that chance when there are available arch grads.

What you can do is apply for an accredited M.Arch and follow that route.  Plenty of schools take applicants without formal arch backgrounds.  

May 2, 18 5:09 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: