Archinect
anchor

IBC 2015 - Bed Count vs Area per Occupant

archanonymous

I don't work with IBC very often. In previous versions I seem to remember a section that R-2 occupancy buildings should have their plumbing counts calculated based on the allowable area per person (200 gross), or the # of beds, whichever is greater. 

Now I am pouring through the code and can't find this anywhere - did it go away? Was it just a figment of my imagination? (or perhaps a fragment from another code?)

I can't imagine in a SRO building that you could have like 3 toilets when there are 40+ beds, but what do I know?

Apr 26, 18 4:46 pm
JLC-1

Chapter 29 table 2902.1

Apr 26, 18 7:10 pm  · 
 · 
archanonymous

Yep, found that. Was wondering more about establishing the occupancy count. If R-2 is 200 gsf/ person but you have a 200sf dorm room that's a double or triple or a 125sf SRO, your counts would be off (in terms of functionality) but still meet code, no?

Apr 26, 18 8:10 pm  · 
 · 
Wilma Buttfit

You aren't going to have greater occ counts than egress unless of course you do (there's a section for it.) So OCC load =x then figure your fixtures on that. 

Apr 26, 18 10:46 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: