Archinect
anchor

Prospect of work for Peruvian architect in UK/Europe

Lost_boy

Hi

I’m planning on moving to Europe with my boyfriend (who is from the UK). We’re starting to look what types of jobs I could get and where. I thought I’d start on this forum and see if anyone has any information.

I’ve got 5+ years experience working for various firms here in Lima as well as experience working in academia at one of the best universities in Peru. I’m aware it won’t be easy and I’ll probably have to take a more junior role. 

Any info welcome!

Apr 14, 18 9:53 pm
BulgarBlogger

Are you allowed to work in the the UK/Europe as a foreign national?

Apr 15, 18 7:21 am  · 
 · 
Helsinki

as you know, Europe is a continent ;-) - different requirements in different countries, so if you are heading to the UK, you should check out what guidelines RIBA has developed. In any case, an assisting role in any firm in any european country shouldn't be a problem.

Apr 15, 18 1:28 pm  · 
 · 
randomised

You'd have to contact each country's architecture licensing board, their RIBA, and find out what's required for each and every country. There are 50(!) sovereign countries in Europe and 6 partially recognised states (Kosovo, Turkish occupied Cyprus etc.)  That's a lot of prep. Good luck!

Apr 16, 18 3:22 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: