Archinect
anchor

Introduction / Cost Coding Help

HockeyGoalie

Hi All,

I'm new to this forum.  I found this while searching for a professional construction forum and found that the responses and opinions here were considerably better and more educated than other forums.

Full disclosure, I'm not an architect but a construction professional.  Been in the business for over 25 years and am currently directing a preconstruction group for a national (USA) design-build contractor.

I am in the process of upgrading our cost coding structure for our company, largely migrating from a CSI 1988-95 variant to CSI 2016 and I'm trying to find a way to handle our cost coding when it comes to the A/E components.  Historically we have put these into General Conditions but I don't believe that this was, or is, correct.  Any thoughts or comments from your experience would be much appreciated.

Here's my questions, and a thanks in advance for any responses:

1) For those who work in a DB environment where do you code your costs?  Division 00, Division 01, or somewhere else?

2) Do you have a work breakdown structure (WBS) when you contract services with a contractor that itemizes your costs?  If so what codes are you using.  Do they adhere to CSI or something else?

Thanks much,

HockeyGoalie

Apr 12, 18 9:06 pm

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: