Archinect
anchor

Help, AXP supervisor refuse to sign up certain category.

Ben2012

I worked in architecture firm for over a year. I had first supervisor where he approve all axp hours before and then he leave the job. So I have a new supervisor who I have the issue with.

I submit a report to him and he don' even respond for 3 months. After that f@÷/^<& guy took another 1 month of PTO. Then he also leave the job and previous supervisor came back to work.

Now here is the issue new supervisor said he can not sign up for the hours that he was not here. I have to contact other supervisor who took 1 month off on his PTO. 

After I contact him he said he can sign up for documentation hours only and that will reach my maximum allow. I get job offer as intern architect but they use many interns as BIM consultant for other architecture firm. How stupid they didn' told me about it. I work 50-60 hours a week doing SD, and CD. Modeling from sheet 100s to 700s and pickup their redlines. Also visiting the site and these only count for drafting hours??? Why other architect he still give other hours in AXP? Please help my drafting hours reach maximum allow already and this would waste my time here.

Thank you, 

Mar 25, 18 11:47 pm
accesskb

Start looking for another job where they value you. Work is stressful enough as it is.  Why work for someone who creates unnecessary stress for you.

Mar 26, 18 3:58 am  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur
Move on to a better office where they value employee growth.
Mar 26, 18 6:19 am  · 
 · 
spiketwig

or start looking for a better attitude.. you seem more concerned with racking up hours than actually learning anything. Of course a supervisor who didn't actually supervise your work can't sign off your hours, duh. 

Mar 26, 18 2:15 pm  · 
 · 
joseffischer

I can't believe I'm going to be the writing police, but that was very difficult to read.  I know this is a forum, and not a contract, but I'd have trouble confirming any of your hours if I were your supervisor based on what you wrote.  Honestly, a supervisor should be able to catalog your hours for you (not that they will) but they should know exactly what your hours should count as, if they have actually been supervising you.  Other than that, speak to higher ups about when in the next 6 months you'll be given the opportunity to get some experience in "xx" area to meet your AXP requirements.  If no one at the firm is interested in talking to you about filling your hours, then I'd definitely agree that it's time to find a different employer.

Mar 26, 18 5:06 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: