Archinect
anchor

Weird Vibrating / Drilling noise in my room

anishagarwal

I live in a 18 floor apartment building on the 14th floor. There is some weird type of vibrating type of noise which come in my room suddenly at times. This has been happening since I shifted to this apartments 4 years ago, it happens very rarely and when it happens (generally at night) its so loud that I cannot sleep or do anything. The noise resonates in the entire room so I cannot seem to figure out is its coming from the ceiling or from the floor. It generally feels ceiling bit when I put my ears on the floors it feels like ears. I have got it checked with my AC mechanic, electrician and a plumber, they cannot seem to figure it out.  I have nothing inside the sealed false ceiling excelt AC, and there are no water/pressure pumps on my floor or the 13th or 15th. They don’t hear this sound, and is neither heard on the adjacent rooms. I am so frustrated by now that I feel like taking a hammer and breaking my room, but that definitely won’t help. I have posted a video 

It would be great if anyone of you can hear this and let me know what I should do. 

Feb 27, 18 1:01 pm
kjdt

I can barely hear anything in the video - but what I do hear just sounds like somebody in an adjacent apartment or perhaps upstairs or downstairs from you is running their washer on the agitate or spin cycle.  Do the units have washer hookups?  If not is there a laundry room somewhere near you?  For how long does the noise persist? If just for a few minutes at a time, I'd bet that's what it is.

Feb 27, 18 1:11 pm  · 
 · 
citizen

Possibly an HVAC fan unit starting up, if there's a mechanical room nearby.

Feb 27, 18 4:25 pm  · 
 · 
praevaleo

I am having the same issues as well and it’s intermittent but happening more regularly lately. Seems to be coming from the false wall where the aircon piping runs. ID had no idea what’s going on either. Let me know if you have figured it out

Nov 26, 18 6:11 am  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

have you called ghostbusters?

Nov 26, 18 8:51 am  · 
 · 
Volunteer

Check and see if the little knob in the ceiling that positions the louvers on the outflow ducts is actually connected. One set of louvers may be loose and moving because of minor changes in duct pressure.

Nov 26, 18 8:30 am  · 
 · 
shellarchitect

tell the neighbors to unplug their vibrator when their done with it

Nov 27, 18 4:07 pm  · 
2  · 
kerrymirindacarmack

Every night for last week a heavy vibration and high pitched awful humming sound. My bed it's literally vibrating and can't sleep. It's not in my home cause I went outside. Its all over but can't locate it either. Dogs barking. Family member can't feel nor hear it. WHY???

Mar 23, 21 1:27 am  · 
 · 
randomised

Someone didn’t switch off Occam’s razor?

Mar 23, 21 5:10 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: