Archinect
anchor

Youtube

anastasiaziolek

Seeing how the world of Youtube is booming and people getting paid/ sponsored. Do we see a future for Architecture utilizing Youtube to earn income?

Feb 16, 18 11:49 am
randomised

Booming? I don't see a future for YouTube at all, way too much crap or irrelevant autoplays, also did you ever not skip an ad on there? Isn't there a "trend" towards paid curated content on other platforms going on already for quite a while now? I wouldn't want to be associated with YT as an architect or as an individual, ever read the comments under YT videos?

Feb 16, 18 1:26 pm  · 
 · 
archinine
YouTube is great for some tutorials or figuring out very specific technical procedures in softwares. I’d like to hope the ones posting these helpful instructions are generating some ad revenue. Though I doubt it’s very sizable, seems most post out of love of the craft and learning.

Doubtful it will ever become lucrative for architects. Most streaming platforms require a very large consumer base for the individual posters to make much out of it. It’s usually the opportunities, freebies and or sponsorships that come with that kind of popularity which generate content creators a solid revenue stream.
Feb 16, 18 9:20 pm  · 
 · 

Since you guys are talking about Youtube, Architects and specific tutorials, I'm leaving a link to my Channel for the same.

https://www.youtube.com/channe...

Mar 22, 18 11:08 am  · 
 · 
citizen

Me, I like puppy videos.

Mar 22, 18 3:03 pm  · 
 · 

I like cat videos.

Mar 22, 18 3:22 pm  · 
 · 

Google has been increasing the importance of video dramatically. Of course, Google owns YouTube. YouTube continue to be a critical piece of brand awareness, notoriety, and displaying work, as long as Google is the top search engine.

Mar 23, 18 10:33 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: