Archinect
anchor

Grants for Starting Licensed Architecture Practice in Canada

evrgreen

I’m wondering if anyone has had any success with receiving small business grants towards starting a licensed architecture practice in Canada. I’ve done some research, but not extensively. I would like to know if anyone has in fact received a grant and perhaps some information about it – federal or provisional, amount of $ granted, any strings attached, etc. – at this point I’m assuming these cases are few and far between and may in fact not happen at all.

Jan 18, 18 2:26 pm
Non Sequitur

Contact your respective provincial practice advisor.  They may have some information for you.  Not many Canadian architects on these boards.

I'd be curious to see what's available... I do know that there was a time when some provinces would pay student loans, for example, if fresh arch grads would commit X working years to Saskatchewan.  Could be something like that for those looking to set up shop in less than desirable places.  Doubtful the federal government would grant funds to a new practice in an established city.

Jan 18, 18 2:57 pm  · 
 · 
bowling_ball

I don't know anything about the possibility of grants for architecture, but there may be other opportunities such as incentives for renting out an unused space downtown, for example. May want to check out your local Business Improvement Area or whatever it's called near you.

Jan 18, 18 3:00 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: