Archinect
anchor

Healthcare/ Hospital Facility Architecture Design and Planning at English speaking firms in either Tokyo or Osaka

smkw

Hi everyone,

I have been reading and going this forum about short term work experience (4-6 weeks in Tokyo). I am a Healthcare Facility Planner from Sydney, Australia. I would like to gain 4-6 weeks work experience in an English speaking architecture firm (in Tokyo or Osaka) that has a lot of hospital/ other healthcare facilities design and planning projects. I am not a typical intern whom the firms would normally accept.

I have a strong interest in Japanese architecture, healthcare, hospital design and just want to gain the working experience in Japan. 

Other than Junya .ishigami + associates, SANAA, Sou Fujimoto and Nikken Sekkei, could you please recommend other firms that I can apply. Thank you very much in advance.

Kind Regards

Su

Dec 21, 17 12:51 am
Non Sequitur

whatever you do, do not take an unpaid intership.

Dec 21, 17 11:45 am  · 
 · 
randomised

That's quite the specific wish list, maybe the blog by Will Gal(l?)oway here could help you. I don't think anyone would bother with all the paperwork and what have you for just a month and a half when it would normally take that time to get settled, comfortable and just an understanding of the firm, your colleagues and the project(s) you're working on and off you go again...

Dec 21, 17 2:04 pm  · 
 · 
smkw

Thanks for your advice and comments. I appreciate it. I agree - 6 weeks is too short. 

But I cannot take leaves more than 6 weeks. Oh well, I will see what I can do. Thanks again. I have checked out Will Gal posts. 

Cheers

Jan 2, 18 10:33 pm  · 
 · 
randomised

It took you half your internship to respond, hahaha

Jan 3, 18 2:27 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: