Archinect
anchor

point skilled alien certificate

architect gns

hi, i'm an experienced architect and i get already a job offer from a japaneese company but about the process there is the point besed skilled alien certificate through a law office. hwo have an idea about this step

Dec 9, 17 1:00 pm
Non Sequitur
Send $20’to frank. That’ll sort everything out.
Dec 9, 17 1:57 pm  · 
 · 
TED
Usually points based imigration assigns ‘points’ based upon age, highest education level, ability to speak native language. Check first with company if they will assist your application else get a immigration lawyer.

For all those trump-Yankee admirers, trump wants to move to merit based(points) system.
Dec 10, 17 6:32 am  · 
 · 
TED
Usually points based imigration assigns ‘points’ based upon age, highest education level, ability to speak native language. To qualify for a visa you have to achieve a min total points. Check first with company if they will assist your application else get a immigration lawyer.

For all those trump-Yankee admirers, trump wants to move to merit based(points) system.
Dec 10, 17 6:34 am  · 
 · 
archietechie

Woohoo! Just what he promised, emulating the Australian migration system. Hope this would keep the trash out indefinitely...you know, those yelling: MURICA BAD! BUT GIB
VISAS!

Dec 10, 17 9:00 am  · 
 · 
architect gns

yes the company gives me the contsct

Dec 11, 17 9:45 am  · 
 · 
architect gns

the contact of a law office but they tell me thet i should pay him as i understand then they will send to me 80% from the salary of the 12 firtst months with any other depenses how do i know that it's true

Dec 11, 17 9:49 am  · 
 · 
TED

Best advise is to speak directly to your potential employer and check on details - specific are correct.

Dec 11, 17 9:53 am  · 
 · 
architect gns

the employer is "mase construction corporation limited" in japan. i find all information are true in site web but i'm not sure that really exists.

Dec 12, 17 2:49 am  · 
 · 
rehanahamed

i have also got a same employment n also told me to go through that same point based alien certificate from a law firm. 

Dec 12, 17 1:55 am  · 
 · 
architect gns

in japan?

Dec 12, 17 2:49 am  · 
 · 
architect gns

and you get this certificate? please the law office demand a payement of 1600 dollar?

Dec 12, 17 2:52 am  · 
 · 
rehanahamed

Yes in japan...yes they told me about the same payment structure as per law firm requirement..how much salary they are offering you?

Dec 12, 17 3:10 am  · 
 · 
architect gns

arround 17 000 dollar per month.it's the same company?

Dec 12, 17 4:01 am  · 
 · 
architect gns

and you have payed or no for the law office? it' s legal or no?

Dec 12, 17 4:03 am  · 
 · 
architect gns

have you finally the work visa... and the job or you are in the begining of the process

Dec 12, 17 4:12 am  · 
 · 
rehanahamed

Yes its the same company i guess..i havent paid yet. I think something is fishy. If you are paying someone around 17k usd then you could pay 1600 to that law firm.why should employee have to pay that...are you getting my point..?

Dec 12, 17 4:24 am  · 
 · 
architect gns

me too i thing that something it's wrong.why the emloyer can 't take the charge of the law office. you are an architect also? and they offered to you the same salary?

Dec 12, 17 5:23 am  · 
 · 
architect gns

we should be carreful

Dec 12, 17 5:25 am  · 
 · 
rehanahamed

Yes they offered me the same salary and designated me as senior architect. Every documentation is well written..but when the administrative fees arose that struck me wheather its a valid kinda job or not..because when a company is willing to pay such a briliiant salary then why can he able to bear the expenses of a legal firm n why he should be bother about a employees financial independency.

Dec 12, 17 5:59 am  · 
 · 
TED

Does sound very fishy - is your salary what is expected by others at your level in Japan? I looked on a website and one did warn about scams. By paying in advance I assume it includes the visa fee - the website says if the visa is turned down the consulate doesn't charge fees so perhaps they are doing this then tell you application is turned down and keep the fee. You can apply for the visa directly without a lawyer - If you are in a city with a consulate I would definitely go down and speak to them. Does Japan arch society list this practice? Be careful, guys

Dec 12, 17 6:32 am  · 
 · 
architect gns

exactly, the financial independance for the employee it's not a convincing argument

Dec 12, 17 6:36 am  · 
 · 
architect gns

more over that i went to the embadsy of japan and they refuse to advise me.only they tell me 'be carrefull' .so there is something wrong. than according to my research the salary of an experienced architect in japan is arroud 7.000 and 8.000 usd . !!!!!

Dec 12, 17 6:41 am  · 
 · 
architect gns

please if you find more information tell me.

Dec 12, 17 6:42 am  · 
 · 
TED

Agree - could you find a different visa lawyer and tell the company you will handle the visa directly?

Dec 12, 17 6:46 am  · 
 · 
architect gns

the firm of law is mentionned in the contract.and in the formular receipt by the lawyer they consider that they are the only party certified by the ministery of the foreign affairs of japan witch will not accept any other party!!!!!!!!

Dec 12, 17 6:59 am  · 
 · 
TED

Sounds fishy again. 

This lot says can do a free email - so perhaps give them a go - https://www.juridique.jp/services.php

Dec 12, 17 7:54 am  · 
 · 
rehanahamed

Architect gns and TED send your mail id...we will share our thoughts n should be careful from any ither spams.

Dec 12, 17 8:06 am  · 
 · 
TED

Don't have anything to add - again suggest you contact a lawyer outside your present lawyer to check and compare what the one lawyer request - good luck guys.

Dec 12, 17 10:32 am  · 
 · 
rehanahamed

Its a complete fake job employment. I research about the websites and all. Its a job scam n the mase construction website is only 11 days old. Just compare www.fujita.com websites to www.maseconstruction.jp.net you will get to know everything. Be careful mate..

Dec 12, 17 10:39 am  · 
 · 
TED

Great work!! Perhaps contact Fujita and let them know of the scam with their site -

Dec 12, 17 10:46 am  · 
 · 
architect gns

for me i forget the job offer. i think that there is many candidate like us.

Dec 13, 17 2:57 am  · 
 · 
rehanahamed

Yes you are right..but our discussion in this forum might help others to be careful in future and prevent them in falling in the dark web of fake employment....

Dec 13, 17 5:46 am  · 
 · 
architect gns

yes, it's one of the goal of this forum i think. and we should help together to prevent such problems.i agree with you

Dec 13, 17 7:41 am  · 
 · 
JoeW

It appears that some scammers are stealing the identity of a legitimate law office in Tokyo for employment scams. Email address [email protected] is not the real email address of a Japanese law office. The domain "shimokadolawoffice.jp.net" was only created a couple of days ago. The person answering (+81) 3 4577 3998 does not have any Japanese accent, in fact he sounds like he might be from West Africa.

If this offer was genuine, you would have to get your work visa through the Japanese embassy or consulate in your country, not via a lawyer in Japan.

Dec 16, 17 3:27 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: