Archinect
anchor

Working as an architect in The Netherlands with international degree

newarch

Hi,

I am moving to the Netherlands in next month. I have Bachelor of architecture degree from India and also have couple of work experience in designing buildings. Can I directly work in an architect job in The Netherlands or do I need to validate my degree first also for that? 

I heard that the degree validation is only needed if I want to work as an architect independently? Can someone please help regarding how comfortable would it be for me to find a job in The Netherlands?

Thanks 

Nov 19, 17 4:44 pm
randomised

Ask the Dutch architecture association, BNA at bna@bna.nl

Nov 20, 17 1:53 am  · 
 · 
newarch

Thanks, that helped. It is allowed

Aug 8, 18 4:27 am  · 
2  · 
raghavdwivedi

Have you got registered yourself in BNA

Mar 25, 21 4:40 pm  · 
 · 
randomised

Or check with the Dutch architects registry:

https://www.architectenregiste...

Nov 22, 17 1:17 am  · 
 · 
x-jla

seems pretty easy.  

Nov 23, 17 2:19 pm  · 
 · 
justavisual

I think the bigger question is what kind of visa you have? Does it allow you to work?

Nov 24, 17 4:04 am  · 
 · 
janets

I am an Indian with a bachelor in architecture interested in doing my master's and then working in Netherlands or any of the EU.But i'm not sure about the jobs available since I've read everywhere that they prefer to give jobs to EU nationals.Any light on this?

Sep 7, 18 12:14 pm  · 
 · 
randomised

Everywhere...such as?

Sep 7, 18 12:56 pm  · 
 · 
dumindhinanayakkara

Hi, 

I'm in a similar position at the moment and wanted to know if these sites helped you. 

thanks!

Nov 13, 19 6:15 am  · 
 · 
justavisual

these are the only sites that can help you...so you need to contact them and inquire

Nov 13, 19 7:11 am  · 
 · 
pratiktaishete

I am an Architect I did my Bachelors in 2012 from India I completed my master's in Germany in 2016. I have in total 10 plus years of working experience as an Architect. 7 of which I worked in a German company in Berlin. 

How can I get a job as an Architect in the Netherlands? and what are the skills I need to acquire to do so?

Feb 28, 23 4:48 pm  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

Basic research skills would help.

Feb 28, 23 5:43 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: