Archinect
anchor

Automatic Swinging Screen Door

Hello architects and designers! My name's Lirio, I'm wondering if any of you have ever done an automatic swing door (for a porch) for any of your clients. This client entertains a lot in the summer and would like the screen door to open as she steps up to it, when she has her hands full. Everything I search seems to be commercial. But I'm sure my client cannot be the first to ask for something like this! Please let me know if any of you have done a similar project of if you could point me in the right direction, it would be great!

Nov 16, 17 1:35 pm
archinine
You could always call the manufacturers of the products you've found and ask if the one you like is suitable for residential. Usually residential is less strict than commercial in terms of requirements. It will likely come at a premium for one offs but sounds like your client has got the money considering such a request.
Nov 16, 17 1:39 pm  · 
 · 

Thank you, I have been calling and asking. Unfortunately, the manufacturers that I've spoken to don't recommend their product for a residential door, especially since it's a screen door and can be flimsy.

Nov 16, 17 4:41 pm  · 
 · 

Just put an automatic opener on the screen door. Better yet, use a revolving door.

Nov 16, 17 1:47 pm  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

revolving screen doors? Genius.

Nov 16, 17 2:13 pm  · 
 · 
JLC-1

https://e360.yale.edu/features...

Nov 16, 17 2:13 pm  · 
 · 
Medusa

Looks like a job for THE DOOR GENIE!

Nov 19, 17 10:32 am  · 
 · 

JUST PEEL IT, STICK IT AND HOOK IT!

Nov 19, 17 12:50 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: