Archinect
anchor

Good examples of ground floor spaces of housing projects?

Hey all,

Do you know of any good examples of ground floor public/private spaces at the base of housing projects? I have to start developing a floorplan of the above mentioned space and am starting to browse relevant examples. Any help is appreciated.

FYI I am a first year grad student.

Regards,

Oct 26, 17 12:17 pm
archinine
Check out waterside plaza by Davis Brody bond.

Technically mies' lakeshore complex is public-ish

Speaking of literal 'projects', the ground floor/outdoor space of the section 8 and Mitchell lama buildings in NYC (which are roughly the same looking in many ways) are classic corbusier towers in the park. The section 8's have playgrounds and benches while the mitchel lamas have those outside plus businesses on the ground floor.

Try searching 'tower in the park' and surely more examples will arise other than what I've noted off the top of my head. 'Mixed use' is a hot term which lead to more non tower examples.
Oct 26, 17 1:18 pm  · 
 · 
archinine
Also the library. You'll find far more examples in a book about mixed use housing than you will googling what are essentially real estate buzz words.
Oct 26, 17 1:22 pm  · 
 · 
randomised

A+t should have a nice overview of those, think it's called Hybrid.

Oct 26, 17 1:24 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: