Archinect
anchor

How do I explain this fckkking image to a blind person?

vel_pp

I'm trying to explain this image to a blind person through text. I really couldn't understand this stupid shape and angles. Could someone possibly help me.

Oct 5, 17 11:32 am

1 Featured Comment

All 14 Comments

Non Sequitur

How did your last homework assignment go?

Oct 5, 17 11:45 am  · 
 · 
Wilma Buttfit

Ask a blind person.

Oct 5, 17 11:48 am  · 
 · 

With math, start with geometry.

Oct 5, 17 11:50 am  · 
 · 
x-jla

laser cut it out dumb ass. 

Oct 5, 17 1:27 pm  · 
 · 
joseffischer

What architecture course would use this as a homework assignment.  Maybe this is highschool?  Also, I'm confused as to the actual question of the homework assignment.  If you need to find the angles, A, B, C, and D... then say so.  If that's the problem, looks more like middle school math.

Oct 5, 17 1:36 pm  · 
 · 
senjohnblutarsky

.... you're explaining this... to a blind person... through text....

And I'm the first person to mention this?  The rest of you are slacking. 

Oct 5, 17 1:36 pm  · 
 · 
archinine
Does this sort of look like a take out box in elevation or is that just me projecting my current state of hunger?
Oct 5, 17 1:51 pm  · 
 · 
archanonymous

coordinates and vectors. should be pretty simple. or laser cut as someone mentioned.

Oct 5, 17 3:00 pm  · 
 · 
randomised

no

Oct 5, 17 3:14 pm  · 
 · 
randomised

Yes: drop it in reverse image search and read the description aloud

Oct 5, 17 4:00 pm  · 
 · 
Wilma Buttfit

I'll do your homework for 1000 USD.

Oct 5, 17 3:51 pm  · 
 · 
Wilma Buttfit

Will also mow lawns and shovel snow for 1000 USD

Oct 5, 17 6:26 pm  · 
 · 
Volunteer

angle "B" should be 90 degrees, but is not drawn as such. Some Ting Wong?

Oct 5, 17 4:05 pm  · 
 · 
ecnal

"Theres some black lines making a kind of assymetrical hexagon shape. Inside the black lines is a blue colour fill. There are some angles that show the measurements at corners.. There are two notches, one on the bottom edge of the hexagon, one on the left side."

That'll be $150 please. I usually charge more for students homework, but seeing as it's friday where I am, feeling generous.

Oct 5, 17 8:04 pm  · 
 · 
arch76

"funky square. that square is funky."

QED

Oct 5, 17 10:28 pm  · 
 · 
won and done williams

It appears you've been presented with the Euclidean dingledown, one of the oldest riddles in the mathematical world. As I remember, you need to add A+B+C+D and divide by the perimeter angles which will equal 180. So the story goes Euclid was working on this exact riddle when he broke into a rousing dance consisting of hand slapping, buttocks rubbing, and boot stomping, hence called the dingledown, upon solving the riddle.

Oct 6, 17 9:28 am  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

Are you suggesting the OP needs to bend his screen, hence forming a curved surface, in order to properly explain the math?

Oct 6, 17 9:37 am  · 
 · 
won and done williams

Well, of course you remember that Euclid lived before the time of tablets. He therefore had to take the extruded bark of the willow tree, extract the shape of the dingledown, and sit on it for 23 days to achieve the proper curvature of the buttocks necessary to solve the riddle.

Oct 6, 17 9:42 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: