Archinect
anchor

working at Unstudio

KYUKYU

Hi all !

I have a question about UNStudio's the minimum requirements. 

It needs master’s degree in Architecture.

Is this mean I can't apply if I had Master's degree in urban? like March for  urban design or M.A ARCHITECTURE: CITIES AND INNOVATION.

I really want to know. 

P.s They answerd my mail like this.

The minimum requirements are a master’s degree in Architecture.

Oct 4, 17 8:14 am
joeuk

This wont end well.

Oct 4, 17 8:24 am  · 
 · 
TED

@kyukyu  Master's degree in Architecture implies a professional qualification leading to licensure. Generally in the UK you have 3 years in undergraduate Architecture plus 2 years MArch in Architecture.  US is a min 3-31/2 years in a MArch Professional programme or 5 Years BArch or 4 years BA + 2 year MArch.

Your MA Architecture won't get you there unless you have a 5 Year Professional Arch Award and/or have a professional license and you did the MA after. 

Oct 4, 17 8:39 am  · 
 · 
KYUKYU

Thanks for your kind answer :) I have another about this problem. can I get there if I have March in Housing & urbanism or March part 2 without part 1 in Bartlett?

If I can't get there I'm gonna give up to apply this firm.

Oct 4, 17 9:08 am  · 
 · 
TED

Not with MArch Housing and Urbanism. With MArch Bartlett should be ok - but because you don't have those degrees right now unclear what/why your asking this - Job specifications at practices may change from time to time based upon their needs.

Oct 4, 17 9:21 am  · 
 · 
TED

Bartlett does not accept students without a UK Part 1.

Oct 4, 17 9:22 am  · 
 · 
KYUKYU

Thank you so much :D I graduated B.Arch in Asia and Im going to apply postgraduate course. I want to study urban course but I want to work at starchitect like UNStudio after graduate. So, I have to choose my interests or my dreamy firm.

Oct 4, 17 9:30 am  · 
 · 
TED

You might try Part 2 courses that have combined degrees - Dundee has a Part 2 Arch with Urban planning -https://www.dundee.ac.uk/study/ug/architecture-urban-planning/ Cambridge also has a Part 2 with Urban Design

Oct 4, 17 9:42 am  · 
 · 
TED

At Dundee you get both RIBA Part 2 and Royal Town Planning Institute accreditation.

Oct 4, 17 9:43 am  · 
 · 
TED

Its a great idea to look at practices you want to work at and see what types of potential employees they are looking for - well done

Oct 4, 17 9:46 am  · 
 · 
KYUKYU

You are so kind :D Thank you so much !! This information is really valuable to me. Have a good day!

Oct 4, 17 10:01 am  · 
 · 
JLC-1

looking back almost 30 years of work, and having worked briefly with some local "stars", I am sincerely grateful of my upbringing that I never had the urge to work for the fame or the business card. It's a mindset, a fucked up one, and it comes from above.

Oct 5, 17 11:48 am  · 
 · 
JLC-1

yes david, the sky. here, have another hit. who cares if it's 9:30 in the morning.

Oct 5, 17 12:34 pm  · 
 · 
JLC-1

it hasn't kicked in yet.

Oct 5, 17 1:14 pm  · 
 · 
JLC-1

weed? Just Lost in Colorado....

Oct 5, 17 1:21 pm  · 
 · 
JLC-1

but it's also my name initials.

Oct 5, 17 1:21 pm  · 
 · 
JLC-1

sorry to disappoint

Oct 5, 17 1:23 pm  · 
 · 
randomised

Don't ask for their requirements if you don't meet them. Just send in your work and make sure for UNStudio that you know Revit, Rhino, Rhinoscript and Grasshopper, that you're familiair with digital production techniques and you have a kick ass portfolio. That's all. I know people who work and worked there, none of them had a masters degree in architecture when they got hired. Also, what if they need someone with an urban design degree for a project? I would never tailor my studies to get hired by this one particular office but study what interests me and find offices that align with my interests and never the other way around.

Oct 5, 17 2:49 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: