Archinect
anchor

who else is using VW?

G4tor

i'm just wondering who else is using VW? It seems that VW is transitioning to a more rhino/sketchup workflow/ui (see vid).

I'm also wondering why VW is still an "underground" program in comparison to revit. 

Sep 26, 17 1:00 pm
randomised

I might be "forced" to use VectorWorks again soon (2016 version) if other interviews don't pan out. Will be mostly used for old fashioned 2D stuff, so annoying to go backwards after BIM...

Sep 27, 17 2:40 am  · 
 · 
ecnal

yeah, my office uses it in 2d for all our projects (high end residential).

Revit is too much per seat, archicad the same... autocad just a piece of crap...

Thinking about trialling a project in 2018 in 3D to see if it's up to scratch... 

A few offices in Melbourne I know of use VW and either sketchup or rhino for 3D. Only one other office I know of uses it's BIM capabilities.

Sep 27, 17 4:14 am  · 
 · 
randomised

Did a project in university in VW 3D with generated sections and plans and all the interior elements, chairs, plants people etc. because it was all possible I thought to give it a try. It froze up my laptop totally and the model was unworkable, ended up failing the class...

Sep 27, 17 6:12 am  · 
 · 
randomised

I quite like that the 2d drawings already look good, no weird colour coding or plotstyles or working on a black background. WYSIWYG and you don't need to bring it into illustrator to make it look half decent.

Sep 27, 17 11:56 am  · 
 · 
Alt+F4

To me it seems like VW is trying to be up there with the giants but just doesn't quite make it. That makes it unattractive to both big and small studios.

Sep 27, 17 5:09 am  · 
 · 
randomised

Nemetschek is no small player either really: https://www.nemetschek.com/en/

Sep 27, 17 12:00 pm  · 
 · 
ilovearchitecture

Oh wow that looks like The Sims. 

Sep 27, 17 5:17 am  · 
 · 
randomised

Haven't checked out the sims in a really long time so is that considered a compliment?

Sep 27, 17 5:42 am  · 
 · 
JLC-1

autocad just a piece of crap...

autodesk is just a piece of crap altogether, wait unitl the next big thing comes along, and all you revit users will be left with the same crappy development that autocad has seen over the last 5 years.

revit just a piece of crap.....

Sep 27, 17 11:09 am  · 
 · 
randomised

Autodesk will just buy the company that created that next big thing or simply make a carbon copy of it and try to run it out of business.

Sep 27, 17 12:03 pm  · 
 · 
JLC-1

better ideas for what? I'm only saying the tools are crappy and get crappier by the minute, haven't told you a bit about ideas.

Sep 27, 17 12:06 pm  · 
 · 
tduds

Revit is like democracy. It's the worst program there is, except for everything else.

Sep 27, 17 12:45 pm  · 
 · 
tduds

My partner is a landscape designer, and VectorWorks seems to be the industry standard for her. Not sure why... it creates pretty planting plans though.

Sep 27, 17 12:45 pm  · 
 · 
randomised

Maybe it's the standard because it creates pretty planting plans ;)

Sep 27, 17 3:18 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: