Archinect
anchor

Portfolio critic

deepshah1991

Hey all,

Would love your views on my current portfolio.

https://issuu.com/deepshah/doc...

Thanks

Sep 22, 17 3:00 pm
randomised

So much text yet your contribution to those projects remains unclear to me. Also can't really tell the difference between academic work or professional, it never really goes deep enough or becomes concrete enough. Is URBANFRAME perhaps just the name under which you do some competitions by yourself? The only workplace where you describe your personal tasks and role more precise was your internship, but you don't show any worksamples of the work you did, why? Also, your CV is unnecessary long for this stage of your career. Most often the CV should fit on one portrait page, max. two, so you can send it as a separate file and is easy to print.

Sep 23, 17 2:11 am  · 
 · 
deepshah1991

Hey randomized, Thanks for your valuable feedback.

Sep 24, 17 10:28 am  · 
 · 
randomised

They're more questions than feedback but you're welcome I guess, good luck with the job hunt or commission hunt!

Sep 24, 17 11:11 am  · 
 · 

So.. I agree myself as its a test run I thought let's give it a shot with text to explain the whole process. But clearly it's not helping.

Sep 29, 17 2:51 pm  · 
 · 

And yes..Mentioning of specific roles and responsibilities...Going in right now.  So as this portfolio is specifically towards job applications..The idea was to show previews of what all varieties I have worked on and for interviews I have a 2nd detailed portfolio which I use to go in deeper into the projects. Urbanframe is a new name of the firm I work for as we are re-branding it, in addition to that I founded a platform where multiple events take place where by opening the office on a city level engagement.

as for CV, well thats a perspective , i dont entirely agree with the point "unnecessary long for this stage of your career". But thanks anyways. hope now i answered your questions. :)

Sep 29, 17 2:56 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: