Archinect
anchor

Urban Design & Urbanism: "UDUC"

OB | X @ obhastudio

I believe the Architects who are identified as Urban Designers and Urbanism should have a council that represent them interest. I've been working as urban designer and I don't see too much information and support out there.

UDUC = Urban Design and Urbanism Council. 

what do you think? Is it crazy idea?

Sep 7, 17 2:35 pm

I know The Congress for the New Urbanism (CNU) is one of the few thing out there. however, this include urban planning, economist, etc...when I post the questions, I am looking for more opinions or comments more close to architecture than the economics and statistics point of view. 

Sep 7, 17 2:39 pm  · 
 · 

Do you think this is a crazy idea? Do you think make sense to create a council or association? Please share your comments.

Sep 9, 17 7:59 pm  · 
 · 
citizen

It doesn't sound crazy, but it's not easy.  The CNU, AIA, AICP, ULI... these organizations tend to start informally as like-minded folks meeting after other conferences and conventions, then gradually grow and formalize.  It takes years, and some groups fold and die out along the way, or just limp along with a few members.  Growing an active membership and keeping it engaged is a large and continuous effort.  Years' worth.

This is not to discourage, only to inform.

Sep 10, 17 1:16 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: