Archinect
anchor

Any advice? Soon to start my Architectural Technology course.

joeuk

I recently posted that I was contemplating starting an AT course, at the ripe old age of 37! Well I have been accepted and start the 6 year course in September. 

One simple question for you all. 

Any advice?

Thank you.

Aug 2, 17 4:57 am
randomised

Don't do all nighters, they're a sign of immaturity, bad planning and poor time management. You'll be revising the bad decisions you take at those times anyway later which means double the work and you'll be useless the next day or two recovering. Take enough rest and sleep as normal as possible, eat healthy, exercise and find time to relax and do other things besides architecture. And if you go by public transport read novels not newspapers or architecture stuff. You'll be surprised how many architectural issues resolve themselves when you are busy doing something else. Always carry a sketchbook, pen or pencil with you, you never know when inspiration strikes. And see if these rules by Sister Corita are of any use to you...also enjoy yourself!

Aug 2, 17 6:29 am  · 
 · 
joeuk

Thank you.

Rule 8 is beautiful. 

Aug 2, 17 7:45 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: