Archinect
anchor

Zigurat - Global BIM Management Certification

wolfdesignsss

I wanted to see if any one had hear of the BIM management certification by Zigurat and BIM Freelance? Its completely online, people work in teams, its 16 months long and cost 8-10 grand. Anyone taken the course? 

Jul 11, 17 6:30 pm
archiwutm8

No, it's dumb.

Jul 11, 17 6:36 pm  · 
 · 
archinine
Sounds like a Ponzi scheme.
Jul 11, 17 9:38 pm  · 
 · 
randomised

Wow, that sounds like a giant waste of time and money.

Jul 12, 17 6:36 am  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

Sounds terrible.

Thanks for the heads up, I'll know what nonsense diplomas to filter out when I see this.

Jul 12, 17 7:39 am  · 
 · 
archiwutm8

Ive worked in a BIM/management consultancy for the AEC sector, non of out highly desirable and well paid guys had any of this bullshit. It's all experience based, we were all qualified and distinguished engineers, surveys and architects.

This is useless.

Jul 12, 17 10:02 am  · 
 · 
Archiboe

There's another, the RICS BIM Management course mostly are theological and cheaper but I find it kinda boring since it's mostly lecture. Zigurat Global BIM Management is so broad and expensive but it will cover most of the BIM processes and technology in detail. It is interactive and collaborative and you will be involved with different participants around the globe and surely you will learn along the way. It is not that yet well known because it is on it's pioneering stage but I find it the best so far. I am planning also to take it. Trainers are expert and experienced professionals working in big companies and they will help you along the way in any aspects of BIM that you still don't know. Yes, we are still learning and it is constant, I have experience how to run 4D but I have to learn of the other D's BIM processes and they will really teach you how, what it is and execute. Upon graduation, you will receive a BIM Management certificate. They have a job board, HR may assist you find job internationally.

As for me, before I judge the coffee, I would need to go to the shop and test it, pay for it, savor it, smell it, drink it, study it, know the contents of the brew, talk to the customers if they like it, talk to the workers even the manager of the shop before I throw my judgement over the table. 

I think, it's worth a try.

Aug 16, 17 1:41 am  · 
2  · 
Archiboe

@ *theological -it's theoretical, my mistyped error...

Aug 16, 17 4:45 am  · 
1  · 
worstpadc

Any updates on this? how was the course?

Oct 26, 20 8:00 am  · 
 · 
randomised

Working with BIM does feel like following a religion at times, good they include that in their course material. But how to refer to the lecturer (m/f) priest/ess or father/mother?

Aug 16, 17 3:24 am  · 
 · 
Archiboe

https://www.e-zigurat.com/bim/global-master-bim-manager/

The m/f, priest/ess or father/mother you are referring to are experienced CEOs, Presidents, Professors, Consultants, experience BIM Managers and professionals.

You can check it out in the brochure.

Aug 16, 17 4:20 am  · 
 · 
Bench

Do you work for this entity?

Aug 16, 17 5:03 am  · 
 · 
Archiboe

No. I'm currently working in the Middle East.

Aug 16, 17 5:22 am  · 
1  · 
randomised

No thank you, I think I'll pass. I'm more into theological BIM managing not so much into theoretical BIM managing. How do you even manage BIM theoretically, with airquotes?

Aug 16, 17 5:52 am  · 
 · 
khalidkuba

Hello,
Did anyone try it? 

Feb 28, 21 4:38 am  · 
 · 
hitxjp

bad program.Rubbish school.
Most profs do not speak english well.
Most of the team work organized like shit.The GBIM is not even a dual degree program as what the webpage showed .Zigurat quickly get people enrolled with zigurat admission.AFTER you paied they tell you the university degree should apply again and ask you to waste your time again to apply .

That school should get no license from catalonia.

Jun 3, 22 2:56 am  · 
2  · 
arhiarhi design group

We recruiters can hear and see ur knowledge levels while u are talking during the interview. Just learn. U dont need this.

Jun 19, 22 1:31 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: